image from kissandmakeup.tv
I started this blog as a fun thing to do. I started to get stressed about it some time in November. I finally decided I wasn't having fun in December. It was all my doing. I was pushing myself too hard. I thought I could produce the same quantity of posts as some more established bloggers, but quickly realized I was sacrificing quality for quantity. I don't want to do that to myself, let alone you all. I also have had to deal with unforeseen issues such as lack of light to take decent pictures, my husband's crazy work schedule which mean less time away from little Darthypie to write articles for the blog and a host of other personal issues. All this time I feel guilty for even starting this blog and not taking the time to contribute to it as often as I want to, or think I should. I'm a very competitive person. I obsess over hits, number of comments, followers, etc. I want to be the best and it kills me when I look at the blog and see it has been 2 weeks with no post. I know I will never be number one. I know I will never have the following of Blogs like The Makeup Bag or Blogdorf Goodman or Temptalia or The Muse. In reality, I don't think I even want that kind of responsibility. I just want to be reliable. That is something that I have not been for several weeks. I apologize to anyone that reads this blog with some regularity, for my lack of being reliable. I promise that in the next few weeks I will endeavour to become more reliable, while at the same time not sacrificing quality. I know I am basically starting over again, trying to get new readers and hopefully winning back old ones. Forgive me in my slow efforts to regroup and I hope you all will benefit form future posts.
ON TO THE POLL!!!
1) Eye Of The Day? - Shu Uemura ME Silver 945, BECCA Chantilly, Koji Linequeen liner(black), Guerlain Kohl in Oriental Metal, Shu Uemura The Basic Mascara (black) and Maybelline Colossal Mascara (black). An actual article of the Shu ME945 will follow in the coming weeks.
2) Blush Of The Day? - Shu Uemura Sakura and Chanel Narcisse
3) Blush(es) that has(have) the biggest dip or you have hit pan on in your collection? - Chanel Narcisse and Chanel Nude Huge dips. I think I might hit pan on Narcisse next year. There is a lot of product to those Chanel JCs. They are worth the price!
4) Last movie you saw in a theater? - Punisher-War Zone! Oh Ray Stevenson is so divine. I wouldn't throw him out of bed for leaving AK-47 bullet casings on the sheets! The movie was good too..but they didn't show him topless/naked so I only give it 3 stars.
5) Latest Makeup/Skincare Purchase? - Aside from a ton of Sheet Masks from Kathi at Lotuspalace blog I picked up Lancome's Erika F eyeshadow. It's a beautiful shimmery gray green. It may be my 2nd favorite khaki colored eyeshadow next to my coveted Laneige! (an article on the Lancome e/s to be published soon too)