image from kissandmakeup.tv.com
Hi everyone. I have a miserable head cold right now, so I apologize for the tardiness of the Thursday Poll. It's actually one of my favorite features because I like to see what you all have to say since I usually do most of the talking. This cold wouldn't feel so bad if I had NOT taken NyQuil last night. I have taken NyQuil one other time, it was back in 1994 before the reformulated the stuff and it had a lot more medicines in it than it does now. That was an awful experience but I figured that this time wouldn't be so bad. I was so wrong. For those of you that are not familiar with NyQuil it's the "The nighttime, sniffling, sneezing, aching, coughing, stuffy-head, fever, so you can rest medicine." NyQuil is 25 percent alcohol, which may explain why it knocks you the heck out (but let's face it. 25% alcohol ain't gonna knock me out...my tolerance is waaaaay higher than that right joeybunny?) What really is awful is how I sleep when I have taken NyQuil. I sleep walk, hit, talk, move, etc. I have a very fitful sleep is what I'm saying. So basically my dear husband became a punching bag last night as I had awful dreams and started hitting in my sleep. I pounded him good on his knee twice before he woke up and saw me hitting the bed where his knee once was before he moved it. Thank god it wasn't his face. I hurt my hand really bad too! WTF? What's worse, I don't remember the freakin' dream that caused me to lash out in the first place. It would be nice to at least be able to know why I was hitting him...or whoever it was in the dream. Lesson learned. No more NyQuil for me....ever. Burn me once. Shame on you. Burn me twice. Shame on me. No more NyQuil "The nighttime, sniffling, sneezing, beat the sh*t out of your husband while you sleep medicine." So let's get on to the poll.
1) Blush of the day? - Prisme Again! Blush Quartet in Glowing Rose- I can't tell you how cute this blush is. I never wrote a review of it because I was too lazy to take a picture before I used it. Now it's all marred by my blush brush and wouldn't make a very good picture so I doubt you would even be interested in seeing it, but I must say. It is loverly and smells like roses. I can't complain.
2) Age at which you got into/started using make up? - I think I was in elementary school when I got into it, but that's because I was in an acting troupe and had to wear makeup for musicals (Annie, The Sound of Music, etc.) But I distinctly remember getting a Makeover from Elizabeth Arden at 12. In my opinion that's Waaaaaaay too young to wear makeup but my mother allowed it. I didn't wear the makeup to school until I was in Junior High, however. I bet I was the only 12 year old with Guerlain Meteorites, Dior eye shadow and Elizabeth Arden blush. Ugh.
3) If you could get away with it, what "weird" name would you name your child? - (Thank you Bronx Mowgli Wentz - Son of Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz) - I think I would name a girl Tempest Raven. It sounds like a stripper name so maybe that's a career limiting name. For a boy; Damian Danger. Just so he could say his middle name was "Danger"
4) Current Beauty Obsession? - Right now: sheet masks. They are so awesome for me because I can lie in bed at the end of the day. (after I have cleansed my skin) put the mask on for 15-20 minutes, peel it off, toss in the trash and massage the remaining essence into my skin and not have to get out of bed. I'm so lazy in the winter. What can I say? Right now I think I like the Dermal sheet masks the best.
5) Are you going to watch the Presidential Inauguration? And for those of you that are not from the US. Is your country reporting on it? How big of a news story is it where you live? - I wish I could watch, but I do have to work. I'll probably be the only one at work, but hopefully I can find a live feed on CNN.com or something so I can watch it from my desk. I am personally very excited and very hopeful for the future of the country!