image from kissandmakeup.tv
This week was a kind of slack one as far as posts go. Sorry about that. I have been struggling to find a good place to take pictures of my makeup to show you all and to write reviews. And on top of that I have had to cut back on various expenses so getting my eyebrows threaded on a regular basis is kinda hard...so any eye of the day photos are tricky because my brows tend to look like Groucho Marx after a few weeks, months, etc. of no maintenance. So I pledge to make a concerted effort to do better, tweeze more and write more reviews in the future. Getting Verizon FiOs will also helps as I'll save some money on TV/Internet/phone and will have a few more dollars to spend elsewhere. I mention the FiOs because we have an installer coming today to hook us up! I'm so excited. Finally HD picture for the Real Housewives of Orange County!...oh and the Superbowl.
On to the Poll:
1) Blush Of The Day? - Chanel JC in Rose Dust. I got this in a swap from a lovely woman in Canada. I have been holding off using it until she got my end of the swap and I am so excited that the US mail got her package to her in RECORD time. Mailed on a Friday received on a Wednesday. Whoo Hoo! The blush is awesome. I'm so glad I got it.
2) Do you watch trash TV? - Yes! As I mentioned above, I adore The Real Housewives of Orange County. Actually I adore all the various locations. NY, Atlanta. I wish they would have one for Washington, DC because then people could see what uptight stick in the mud people live here...and I would be able to stalk them when they shop at Neiman Marcus in Tysons II mall...Maybe make a cameo. I'll be the chubby one wearing $1,000 worth of makeup and $20 shoes.
3) Favorite beauty treat for dull winter skin? - My trusty Baking Soda and CeraVe scrub followed by Fresh Rose face mask. I scrub a dead layer of skin off, and hydrate what's revealed with aloe, cucumber and rose petals. Indulgent and rewarding.
4) Will you be watching the Superbowl this Sunday? - Hell YES! I love football. I didn't before I met my husband. I used to have "Stupid Bowl" parties in which I required guests to talk during the game and Shut The Hell Up during the commercials, before I met him. But he taught me the joys of football, I finally understand the rules and know the players so I'm converted. I secretly still like the commercials more than the game, no matter who is playing. GO STEELERS!
5) Latest beauty purchase? - Humm. It's been a while since I purchased anything. December 31st to be exact...but I guess my Kose Happy Bath Day Hand Essence that came in the mail after the 31st counts. I'll be writing a review of this lovely lightweight hand emulsion that has a subtle scent of rose and moisturizes with only a few drops.