Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Purchase - Dariya Japan KEANASH Makeup Base - Meh results in 2 installments (Part 2)
My second installment of the Dariya Japan KEANASH Makeup Bases and my quest for perfect looking skin is the Dariya Japan KEANASH Makeup Base for Cheek! (I reviewed the Makeup base for "Strawberry Nose" yesterday.) Look how freakin cute this is! Orange Cheek? How sweet is that? Yes. I have orange cheeks! OK. They look like oranges only without the orange color. I had high hopes for this one but it didn’t quite live up to the promises. However, the product is so darn cute I can’t be mad at it.
Cover the unevenness of cheek, like smoothing an orange surface!
1. High Coverage for Unevenness - it contains soft focusing powder which hides the pores & skin unevenness with the help of light reflection.
2. Collagen Content - with collagen ingredients for moisture care
3. Sebum Absorbing - it contains sebum absorbing powder to remove excessive sebum from the cheek region, and leave you a clear & matte finish, it also help prevents acne.
4. With green-tea extracts for pore tightening performance
5. Can be used as a concealer for concerned area
6. In natural skin color finish for the best matching, no fragrance.
OK. Let’s break it down.
1. Fail. I would not call this high coverage. The formula is sticky and the pigmentation is not strong enough to cover dark blemishes or spots…but it did have medium coverage. It did not mask my pore size. This was the main reason for buying this and It didn’t work.
2. Pass. It certainly didn’t dry out my cheeks, but my cheeks can be oily so it’s not like I needed extra moisture. I use a moisturizer already that takes care of this for me.
3. Pass. Like with the “strawberry nose” this base worked well at controlling oil but once I blotted any sebum absorbing properties were gone because my makeup came off with the blotting. Again, it felt like the oil was trapped under my makeup and once I blotted, it was released. Sad.
4. Fail. This is a bogus claim. My pores were not tightened at all.
5. Pass. Yes. I did use it as a spot of concealer but it certainly was not superior to my Cle de Peau concealer or even that of my Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. It sort of reminded me of MUFE lift concealer (medium to light coverage) without the lifting properties.
6. Fall-ish. This product is slightly lighter than the "strawberry nose" base but if blended well, it worked on my NC20 skin tone, but would suit a MAC NC25 better. It’s still really yellow based and not for the fair skinned.
OK. So not a bad review on the surface but the main reason to buy this was to cover the moon craters on my cheeks I like to call pores. This product did not do that. Clarins Instant Smooth perfecting touch did a far better job with this and has no color to blend in. I would pay the money for Clarins over the Dariya Keanash product any day. One more thing…The silicones in this product really did not react well with my skin. I got awful breakouts from this …but that is me. I’m just sensitive to silicones.
So should YOU buy this? Yes if you need a lightweight concealer that dries to a semi matte finish and you are not concerned about covering large pores, but have fairly small ones that could benefit from some masking. But that’s it.
You should NOT buy this if you are sensitive to silicones. Yuk. The breakouts I had were terrible. I still have a dark red mark left over from a recent inflammation caused by this stuff. (And No I didn’t try to pop it!)
The price is right $10.45 (from a seller on ebay AlphabeautyUK) and the total weight is 25g /0.88oz which is a lot considering only a small amount is needed. And Yay no Fragrance because it’s being used on my cheek I’m likely to smell any fragrance with my super sensitive nose!
OK. I have decided that the masking properties of the “Strawberry Nose” along with the lighter color and formulation of the “Orange Cheek” and had my skin not be sensitive to silicone products this would be an excellent item. ::sigh:: I guess it’s back to the drawing board for me. I think my skin needs more help than a simple cover-up. I need resurfacing…which will have to wait until Darthypie is old enough to get a NFL or Major League Baseball contract and buy it for his mommy.
Here is what a small dab of the product on the back of my hand looks like. It's very yellow.
Here is my cat, Trauma, trying to work his way into my blog. Cheeky little bugger!