Thursday, May 28, 2009
Thursday again? It seems like just yesterday I was sharing my trials and tribulations with the feral cat in our back yard. Situation unchanged at the moment and I'm getting kinda annoyed that NONE of the shelters have called or e-mailed me back. WTF? I know it's "kitten season" and they are busy but I don't have the $$ to spay a feral cat on my own...let alone care for 2 new kittens. I still have my own cat...Trauma. Yes. His name is Trauma. He's going to be 18 in July. He may or may not have a slipped disk or spinal cancer...either way, some anti inflammatory steroids are doing the job and I'm not getting a CAT scan (lol) for my 18 y.o. cat. He is happy, gets around well and is not in pain. I think he's too stubborn to die (to be quite honest), which is fine by me. But what reminds me most about my cat Trauma turning 18 is that my loverly niece (My brother's daughter) is turning 18 in August. She has grown up to be quite a beautiful woman. She doesn't know about my blog or that I have a facebook page. For some reason I am embarrassed about my own family knowing about this blog. I think they will find it frivolous or silly or a waste of time. It's sad really. I tried so hard to get her into makeup. I bought her $100 worth of makeup from Sephora once...I even gave her my NARS Orgasm blush (Removed the label so her mom wouldn't have a conniption fit at the name) and I find that all that money and makeup went unused. Probably her moms doing. Her mom seems very anti makeup....yet another reason to avoid telling my family about this blog. Shhh. You all can keep a secret right? On to the poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Lancome Pixel Pink. I forget how much I love the formula of this lipstick. I think I wear it once every 3 months. I really need to wear this cool pink more often
2. I try never to be seen without wearing _______. - Mascara and concealer.....at the minimum...I usually never leave the house without a full face on...but that's just me.
3. What move will you see next? What did you last see? - I can't remember the last movie I saw. It's been that long. But I plan to see Terminator this weekend. ::Sigh:: Christian Bale is soooo dreamy. I don't care if he is a bit crazy and has anger issues. I only need to look at him. I don't need to live with him!
4. last lipstick/gloss and fragrance you bought? - Last gloss I purchased was Chanel Bel Air glossimer. Expect a review soon! It is LOVE!. and Last fragrance I bought was a bon bon (as they like to call them - I call it a sample) of Bond No 9 New York The Scent of Peace. It is TO DIE FOR. I think this will be my birthday splurge perfume. Last year was Lancome Mille Et Une Roses.
5. Longest you ever went without sleep? - I went almost 2 days when I was traveling across Europe via train. We woke up early to do some site seeing in Berlin...only to find that there was no hot water in hour hotel (a hold over form the cold war it looked like a communist housing development) and that the clerk had misunderstood and told us we HAD to check out that afternoon! So we trekked around Berlin with all our gear and saw some awesome stuff. We left Berlin at night to head to Prague. We didn't make reservations for the train we just hopped on the next one going to Prague and all the coaches with seats were taken so we basically hung out in the hallways and between cars...near the bathroom. We met some German punks that didn't speak any English (we didn't speak any German) and smoked cigarettes and drank together the entire trip. When we finally got to Prague we were delighted that the exchange rate was in our favor and found one of the nicest hotels we could and crashed for 5 hours before we explored the city...which was amazing by the way!