Thursday, June 18, 2009
It's been raining a lot here lately. It's quite annoying because it's not cold enough to wear a jacket. It's rather humid....duh it's raining 100% humidity....but my hair has been super annoying as well as my makeup. My husband has this fetish about "saving money" and has turned off the air conditioner so the whole house it a humid sticky mess. I hate it. He has no compassion for my frizz or my melting makeup. I am excited for this weekend because it will be around 90 degrees and Mr. Darthypie will be at work so I can turn up the A/C!! How sad is that? One thing I do plan to do this weekend is check out Ulta. I hear their name brand eye shadows are hit or miss but Michelle from Pretty Stuff - Healthy Stuff blog told me about 2 new taupe eye shadows that are a hit! I'll be checking those out ASAP. I have acquired a new taupe eyeshadow that I hope to have ready for a review by tomorrow. Stay tuned. In the mean time, please participate in the poll. It's actually more fun for me to read everyone's responses than it is for me to create it. On to the poll!
1) Lip Of The Day? - Guerlain Kiss Kiss Laque # 740 "Baby Beige" A sticky lip gloss that is opaque and has no shimmer or glitter. It's a warm nude orangey pinkish brown. (hows that for non commitment?) It's a great neutral gloss that has longer staying power than my favorite Chanel Glossimers. It has a scent tho, and it's kind of annoying. I'm not sure if it's violet or apricot or what, but I would be completely in love if it didn't have a fragrance.
2) What's the oldest item in your refrigerator? - A jar of pickles. I think it may be almost 2 years old. How bad is that? My husband bought it, convinced himself that they never go bad and refused to toss it every time we clean out the fridge. I dared him to eat one. He declined. I think he may toss them this weekend.
3) Any recent beauty acquisitions? - Aside from a new Taupe eyeshadow to be named later, I picked up about 10 sheet masks at this Korean grocery store near my work. OMG they had a whole cosmetic section...well it's not that grand, but they do have Lioele brand cosmetics from Korea...so I'm gonna check it out the next time I'm there. I didn't have enough money with me when I visited and I was with a male co-worker who didn't understand the whole makeup thing.
4) In what room is your computer? - Obviously a moot question for those who have laptops and wireless internet, but I'm still living in the dark ages and my computer is a big clunker! We have it in the living room. This way I can play with Darthypie and his Mr. Potato Head and still blog and get on facebook and Dlisted and other trash at the same time. Darthypie and I like to watch videos on youtube. His most recent love is anything with R2D2 in it...but I like watching the movie "Really Rosie" a Maurice Sendak movie on 4 of his books from the 1970's. Chicken Soup with Rice, Pierre and One Was Johnny are our favorites!
5) When was the last time you used a color eyeshadow other than nude/brown/taupe/cream combination? What color was it? - I used a dusty almost colonial blue eyeshadow. It was a disaster. No matter how I applied it, I looked bruised or like Flo from the TV show Alice. I seriously need need a lesson in color I think.