Thursday, July 30, 2009
All these limited edition makeup collections are starting to get to me. Is there no permanence in the world of makeup any more? Lancome discontinues foundations all the time. Bobbi Brown has special palettes that sell out in a matter of days, MAC releases a new limited edition collection every few hours. When will the madness end? It started me thinking. Do I need backups of all this great "stuff" that will "never be released again" :: suspiciously eyes my original MAC Porcelain Pink Mineralized Skin Finish, Moth Brown and Smoke & Diamonds:: That's when it hit me. NO! I have so much makeup and I'm always finding new and more awesome things, that I really don't think I'll ever run out of whatever I consider to be a "holy grail". If I even do run out of this hypothetical "holy grail" won't a new one come along in the next season, release or few minutes? I mean come on, How much taupe eyeshadow can I really use up in my lifetime? Exactly. It's not possible to use it all up. Plus I have so many dupes that I can just move on to the next dirty silvery taupe in my collection. Call it an epiphany. Call it a moment of clarity. Call it crazy. but I refuse to buy a back up of anything ever again. That's not to say that I wont buy the same product more than once. I do actually use up stuff. The same Foundation, Concealer, Primer, Mascara, etc. have all been re-purchased, but that's not a back up. There you have it. One tiny step toward simplifying my life. Granted, I'm moving at a glacial pace, but at least I'm moving forward. Progress is progress no matter how small. Now, on to the poll.
1) Blush Of The Day? - Givenchy Prisme Again! Blush Quartet in Glowing Rose. Thanks to Autumn Masquerade for inspiring me to wear one of my only two Givenchy blushes. Have you checked out her blog lately? OMG her pictures are TO DIE FOR!
2) When you were little, who was your favorite super hero and why? - That's easy for me. Wonder Woman! I wanted to be Linda Carter so badly. I loved the show, I loved her outfit. I loved her hair. Let's just say that I had a big girl crush on her. She was strong and fierce and feminine all at the same time. Plus I had a little crush on Lyle Wagner...so that didn't hurt either!
3) What's coming in the mail (beauty or non beauty - but don't say bills!)? - Well I kinda in a moment of insanity ordered a NYX palette. Of course I'll post pictures. But honestly I really shouldn't have. Thank goodness it was only $8. But still.
4) Fill in the blank: If you could have an endless supply of any ______, what would you get? - Perfume: Basically the entire Beauty Habit Perfume Catalog!
Food: Cheese. I love cheese. It is the best stuff ever. Drunken Goat is one of my faves!
5) Do you stick to sensible footwear, or say "to hell with it" and wear what you like? - I like to think I say "to hell with it", but honestly I end up wearing the shoes that don't hurt. It's sad really. I used to be such a shoe hoor. I'd wear all sorts of crazy shoes, sexy shoes, awesome shoes. but then I got old...or pregnant...or both and I started wearing stuff that was comfortable. Maybe one of these days I'll get back to my insane high heels, but until then, I'll stick with my clogs.