Thursday, August 20, 2009
I'm not sure what to say this week. It's been a short one for me but still feels like ages since last weekend. Time is funny. It plays tricks on you. When you are little, you feel time move so slowly. When you get older, you are in a daze and suddenly snap out of it and wonder where the time went. When you become a parent you see time zip by you. I am amazed at how quickly my little Darthypie is growing up. He's talking and gaining a bigger vocabulary every day. I am astounded when he recognizes letter and numbers because it seems like "just yesterday" that he was this little pinks squishy blob that would cry every 2 hours for food! I sometimes feel like time is passing me by and I could have, should have done more...but then where do I find the time to do all those things? Time is a cruel mistress. She plays tricks on you. You cannot control her, you can only watch as she flows by you. Where am I going with this cliche ridden and pseudo poetic rambling? No where. I just wasted some of your time. Now on to the poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Chanel Rouge Allure in Flirt. Peachy, pink, frosty and shimmery all at the same time. But I think I need a little more of a tan to pull this off.
2. What have been your recent beauty purchases? - Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow in Bash! Oh I can't wait to take pics and show you all. the most gorgeous shade of green!
3. Where did you go on your first airplane ride? - Puerto Rico! My family used to go to PR every year. We stayed near Rincon on the West side of the island. The first memory I have of flying is arriving back from PR in the dead of winter and walking across the snow on the tarmac. Yes. it was so long ago that you actually walked right up to the plane on the tarmac!
4. If you were stuck on a deserted island for a year and finally rescued what would you want for your first:
a) Meal; b) Makeup/Perfume Purchase; and c) Song? - a) Bacon Cheeseburger w/ Fries and a Coke Zero ; b) A Chanel Glossimer & Bond No 9 Astor Place ; and c) Wings/Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed (The song Mr. Sith and I danced to at our wedding)
5. What are you currently lemming makeup wise? - Oh I think I want Chantecaille Sel, Mica, and pretty much any taupe like shadow they make. The most magical taupe is the one I don't own.