Thursday, August 27, 2009
The unexpected. You remember those instances where the unexpected happens. Like the day you got into a car accident. Or the time when you ran into a friend far away from home. How about the time when you won a contest, sweepstakes, lottery, or giveaway? Ahh The unexpected can be good and bad. To a control freak, like myself it can be annoying. I like knowing what is going to happen and when it is going to happen and how it is going to happen. That is how control freaks are. I like knowing the answer before the question is asked. I like knowing the result before the experiment is over. I don't like suspense movies...unless I'm clever enough to have figured it out before the rest of the audience. I don't like races if I'm rooting for one person b/c the suspense of not knowing if they are going to win stresses me out...unless the race includes Usain Bolt, then I KNOW who is going to win. So what makes me mad is when MAKEUP does not do what I expect it to do. For example. Bobbi Brown Bash eye shadow....NOT the same in the pan as it is on my eye. NYX 10 shadow palette, the consistency is...well...inconsistent. But then are are unexpected surprises. Like the dreaded Clinique Butter Shine lipstick that I actually LOVE...despite my searing hot hate for all things Clinique. Or better yet the lot of you that share my love of taupe eye shadow and accept and welcome me. I have found my home and it is the interwebz peppered with taupe eye shadow hoors just like me! On to the poll.
1) Lip Of The Day? - Clinique Buttershine Lipstick in Apple Brandy. A warm red that is muted and not too in your face. Well pigmented and super moisturizing.
2) Can you fake any accents? - I think I do a decently awful Irish accent and a semi terrible British accent. They are awful enough to be called out by a native as a fake but good enough to get guys in bars (when I was single) to buy me a drink because I'm here in the States "On Holiday" and I "...simply adore you Yanks and the funny way you speak!" That would usually get me a tequila shot!
3) Current NEW product you want to try (new product or new to you)? - Shu Uemura has a new brow gel. I really want it, but I'm afraid it won't work for me and it will be close to impossible to return it. I might cave and get it...but then again I might show some restraint and save my pennies for a few OCC lip tars. Ugh. Decisions! Decisions!
4) Name a movie or movies you have seen so many times, you could recite most of the dialogue. - Defending Your Life, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and DUH Star Wars - A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi.
5) Say your entire makeup stash is being held over a fiery pit of death and you can only save 3 items. What would you save? - Humm. My Guerlain Meteorites Voyage compact. My Shu Uemura ME Silver 954 eye shadow and my Cle de Peau Concealer. Most things can be replaced...except for my MAC Moth Brown eye shadow or My Chanel Equinoxe glossimer. Umm. It's hard to pick just 3.