Thursday, September 17, 2009
Mr. Sith and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary this week. We were married a few days after September 11 and as Mr. Sith likes to say “It was a bad week that ended well.” This year, for our anniversary, we both took the day off and went to a movie & lunch together. Now that we have Darthypie, going out to a movie is a special treat. Honestly it’s not financially sound to go to a move during the evening. That would require a baby sitter AND the cost of the movie which would make an $18 evening turn into a $50 evening. Let’s face it. I’d rather buy makeup with that money. Mr. Sith and I decided on our first anniversary that we would follow the “traditional gifts” for anniversaries. i.e. Paper for the 1st, Cotton for the 2nd, etc. I did really well with my gifts…or so I like to think…and Mr. Sith did OK on his….so HE likes to think…but this year, the 8th, was Bronze. Honestly I couldn’t come up with anything suitable for a Bronze gift. The rule is that you can’t spend more than $20 on the gift. Honestly I couldn’t find anything I wanted to give him that was a) Bronze and b) Under $20. Mr. Sith had the same problem so we went without gifts this year and just did a card exchange. We are quite a sappy pair. We usually get 2 to 3 cards each. We both gave each other the sweet romantic “you are my everything” cards in the morning. Awww. Then after the movie we both had cards to exchange again. Mr. Sith gave me my card, and I gave him his card. Guess what? We had picked the identical card for each other! How gross is that? Don’t you just hate us? Yeah. We hate us too. We laughed and realized that we are perfect for one another. We both have the lame and dark sense of humor and obviously excellent taste in greeting card selection. By The Way, the movie we saw was District 9. Most amazing movie I have ever seen. A new standard in story, acting, and special effects has been set. If you haven’t seen it yet. Get thee to a movie theater STAT!
On to the poll!
1. Lip Of The Day – Lunasol Intellectual Lips in #25 Beige Pink. A warm nude light pink. A great color with smokey eyes OR to distract from the fact that you have a huge zit on your upper lip. Honestly. Lunasol lipsticks are as good as Chanel Rouge Allure lipsticks. If they didn’t cost so darn much I would have more of them.
2. Do you squeeze the toothpaste from the top or the bottom? – Ah ha! This is a trick question because I squeeze from the middle! It drives Mr. Sith so crazy...to the point that we each have our own toothpaste tubes. Once the middle is flattened out from all my squeezing I squeeze up from the bottom to make a new middle. Hee hee!
3. What are you waiting on in the mail? – Aside from my Giorgio Armani Foundation and lipstick which I mentioned on Tuesday, HERE. I am waiting on my Chanel nail polish in JADE and my Rouge Allure Laque in Ming! Quite the Chinese theme going on. The Jade nail polish is a light pistachio green. I can’t wait to post pics of it for you all!
4. Fall beauty trend(s) that you didn’t think you would like but are finding yourself strangely attracted to it. – I guess the Black lipstick and Matte nail polishes. I’m honestly thinking of getting a black lipstick from the new MAC collection coming out next Thursday. I hear they are sheer, but I’m OK with that. Maybe I will use them over my more brightly colored lipsticks for an interesting look. As far as matte nail polish goes. I have 2 now and I think I want at least one more. I like them. They look neat and better on than I thought they would. Both are by Zoya, one is a deep crimson red and the other a gunmetal grey.
5. What is the weirdest gift you have ever received? – For our wedding, Mr. Sith and I received this resin book ends cat things. It was heinous. Too awful for words. Here’s a picture of it.