Thursday, September 24, 2009
There has been a feud in my home for the past week. It's been long and drawn out and crippling. Who is feuding? My Machines! My Computer refuses to talk to my Camera, and vice versa. I have a ton 'o pictures on my camera yet, when I plug my camera into the computer The computer refuses to recognize it. The two devices are not on speaking terms. Even when I take the memory card out of the camera and plug that into the computer...nope. nothing. The computer knows that the memory card is from the camera and continues the stalemate on talks. I imagine mediating talks between a union and an employer must be as frustrating. Sure lipstick swatches aren't as important as getting better retirement benefits but in the beauty blogosphere dang...they might as well be freakin gold! So that's why you have seen so many posts this week with stock photos or "updates" from MAC and Sephora. Yeah. I had to take a lazy way of blogging this week. I like earning my comments that people leave. Not by re-hashing some e-mail I got ...that you probably got too...but by showing you all an actual product, describing my experience with it, loving it or hating it and telling you if you should even bother buying it...that's what I love about blogging. So this week is a wash. I hope to settle the fight between Computer and Camera this weekend. If I don't, expect to see more posts about stuff I don't need to photograph. Ballz! Oh no. I didn't mean I'll be reviewing "Ballz". No; quite the contrary. It's just a slang expression to show frustration and disappointment.
On to the poll.
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel Jouse Contraste Blush in Narcisse. I have a serious dip in the blush. I'm hoping to hit pan some time next summer!
2. Last item in which you "hit pan"? (Face powder does not count..too easy) - My ArtDeco eye shadow primer. I scooped the last bits out this morning. On to my next jar! Oh and I had hit pan on my Chantecaille The Coral compact a year ago, but someone ::cough Mr. Sith cough:: knocked it off the counter and it finally shattered everywhere. It's OK. I wasn't really using it, but I still had not taken pictures for my PAN PRON extravaganza. Oh well. Not like I would have been able to get those pics off my stupid camera anyway.
3. Which of Snow White's 7 dwarfs describes you best and why? (Doc, Happy, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey) - I think I'm Grumpy...what with the camera issues and all.
4. How many blushes do you own? - 11 or 12 if you count the one in the Chantecaille palette. I had an epiphany a few years ago that I pretty much only like to wear my Chanel blushes. Once in a while a non Chanel blush will catch my eye, but for the most part I decided to stick with Chanel. It's easier for me because I seriously had over 25 blushes to choose from and it was giving me a headache in the morning when I did my makeup. I was starting to become a "Blush Hoor" and already being a "Taupe Hoor" and "Foundation Hoor" and "Highlighter Hoor", bing a "Blush Hoor" seemed too much. Now my blush stash is much more manageable and I don't feel like I'm missing any colors. I have exactly what I need. *do not use this statement against me the next time I buy a new blush and write about it here*
5. Do you make your bed every morning or do you leave it unmade? - I leave it unmade. Mostly because Mr. Sith and I wake up at different times and you can't make a bed if there is someone in it. Plus. I really don't see a need to make it every day since I'm just gonna get it messy that night. We change our sheets every week, so on Sundays it's wonderful to get into a freshly made bed, but honestly, I don't have the time or energy to do it every day.