Thursday, October 22, 2009
As I type this post I have a ton of splotches allover my hand and I'm wearing black and green lips. Yes. You guessed it. I got my OCC Lip Tars in the mail. By next month I should be able to do an intensive review of them. If you wish to buy them before my review, OCC has a discount code TAS09 which has been reinstated through Monday, October 26th. Get 20% Off Lip Tar & Loose Colour and $50.00 USD off of all of OCC's airbrush systems. You can find OCC's website here
So ANYWAY, it feels like Christmas because no only did my lip tars come in the mail, but my Sephora Friends & Family (FF) order arrived. For those that live outside of the United States, count yourself lucky that you don't have the FF discount. Yes. I said it. DON'T. Honestly. I think people order stuff just because they are getting 20% off. I know I was guilty of that last year. Helloooo I ordered the Fresh Rose Face Mask. WTF? That SH*T is expensive...even with the 20% off. This year I limited myself to one item. The Dior Smoky Crystal eye shadow quint. And may I say... it is prettier in real life. I didn't think it was possible but it is. As I was saying. This "sale" has some people on a spending spree. Honestly I can't do it anymore. For one I don't have the money, and secondly, I honestly think I have enough makeup right now.
Wait for it...
No. Do not look out your window. Pigs are not flying. I just think I'm in a good place makeup wise. I'm sure I will have a few things I pick up here and there, but honestly I think I'm good. Now, that is NOT to say I won't have things to write about. No. I have a ton of stuff to write about. Don't you worry (Like you really were worried. Please. You don't need to humor me. I know you weren't)
So now that we have that all settled let's get on to the poll shall we?
1. Lip Of The Day? - OCC Lip tar in Tarred and Botanical. (Black & Green) Hey it isn't pretty, but I'm having fun. Plus I'm at home. I wouldn't wear this out in public...as far as you know.
2. TV or Movie where you specifically noticed the makeup and LIKED it? - Well not many people watched this show but Better Off Ted was an excellent show. Very funny!. Andrea Anders, who played Linda in the show, always had the most awesome taupey/silvery/smokey eye makeup in each episode. Portia de Rossi is always beautiful so it doesn't take much to make her look good, but honestly she looked outstanding in each and every episode. Lizbeth Williamson was the key makeup artist on most of the episodes and I just found out that she does Katy Segal's makeup on another favorite show The Sons of Anarchy! I would love to meet this woman one day and watch her work. That would be a thrill!
3. What is your most hated chore on the household chore list? - Mine has to be vacuuming. I really hate doing it. I think because we have wood floors and rugs. The strings on the ends of the rugs get caught in the vacuum and then it makes an awful noise. Oh, and Floydiepie wants to attack the vacuum cleaner every time I use it. I just let Mr. Sith vacuum while I walk Floydiepie.
4. Recent Beauty Purchase(s)? - OCC Lip Tars & Dior Quint and I got that Sedu Flat Iron. I was in Ulta and it was right there in front of me. I had to get it. Oh and I LOVE it!
5. What’s your favorite line from any movie? - My Favorite move is Gone With The Wind and I love it when Scarlett says. "I won't worry about that today. I'll worry about that tomorrow." But my favorite line is from Mommy Dearest. I love when Joan Crawford Says. "Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo!" But right now it has to be the line from Zombieland where Jesse Eisenberg's character says to Woody Harrelson's character. "I'm gonna take The Browns To The Superbowl." (You figure out what that means)