Thursday, October 29, 2009
Halloween is on Saturday. In The States it's a big deal holiday. Not big enough to have a day off of work, but still something special. I have always loved costumes. As a small child I think I was a ballerina for many years in a row. I would get dressed up in my ballerina tutu, big red circles of blush on my cheeks, bright blue eyeshadow on my eyes and lots of liner. I was a fright, but I thought I looked cool! I do remember one year when I didn't go as a ballerina...well sort of. I was in kindergarten. I had picked a Tinkerbell costume from Dart Drug Store. The costume was one with the cheap fabric/plastic dress, Mask and Clear Tinkerbell wings. Oh how I LOVED those wings! I was allowed to wear the costume to school for the Halloween parade. The parade went off well. I wanted to have glitter to sprinkle on to the other students as I passed by, but that idea was nixed quickly. Oh well. I still think I was a convincing Tinkerbell. My hot breath on the plastic mask made a tad bit of "humidity" form at the tiny mouth hole. I freakin hated that, but I endured the yuk for the sake of "the craft". When the parade was over we got out of our costumes and put everything away in our cubbies. Well as one can imagine, the plastic wings would not fit in the cubbie. So what did my idiot teacher do? She attempted to FOLD THE WINGS IN HALF and put them in the cubbie. WTF? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? Well of course the wings broke. The split right down the middle. They were ruined. My Tinkerbell costume wasn't complete without THE FREAKIN WINGS! GAH! There was no repairing them. I was pissed. And you know what. I never dressed up as Tinkerbell ever again. Stupid teacher. I'll never forget or forgive her. So my back up, was of course a ballerina. I sighed and trudged along. my winter coat over my costume (because it was 40 degrees outside) ruining my costume (don't ask how I would have worn those stupid wings with a coat..THAT'S NOT THE POINT!). I collected a fair amount of candy and let most of it rot my teeth and the rest go stale in the Halloween bag. (Mostly the Clark Bars and Mary Janes).
Obviously the wounds from my kindergarten Halloween disaster from *GASP* 33 years ago (Damn I'm freakin OLD) are still fresh. I'll leave you to participate in the poll whilst I plot my revenge against that idiot teacher...now If I could just remember her name....
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Pout Cherie Tarte. I wrote about it HERE. The picture is crappy but the color in real life is that" just in from the cold" flush that I adore.
2. Do you celebrate Halloween? Do you dress up or just hand out candy or ignore it all together and hope your house is not TP'd because you sit alone in your home, hiding in the dark, whilst eager and hopeful children ring your doorbell hoping for a chance to partake in your kind stewardship of offering candy? - I used to dress up, but this year Mr. Sith is taking Darthypie trick-or-treating, so I'm staying home to give out candy. Oh and yes....Darthypie is going as Darth Vader this year.
3. What Mascara are you currently using? - Right now I'm rotating between Fairy Drops mascara and my Beloved Shu Uemura The Basic Mascara/Maybelline Colossal Mascara combo.
4. What are your Most Favorite and Least Favorite candies? - Most Favorite has to be Chocolate covered Marzipan. Yummmm. Least Favorite is definitely Black Licorice. Yuk. That stuff is from the 9th circle of hell. I am sure that if you die and go to hell you have to eat, manufacture and sleep on black licorice for eternity.
5. What beauty product have you used up recently that you plan to re-purchase or replace? - My Guerlian Pressed Meteorites. I hit pan a week ago and it's only a matter of time before I have to get a refill. This will be my 3rd refill. I love this stuff. Subtle all over finishing powder. It gives a subtle glow and makes it looks like I airbrushed my face. LOVE it!