Thursday, November 12, 2009
Mr. Sith has been bugging me all week about what I want for Christmas/Hanukkah. To be quite honest, I really don't want anything. I think it's because when it's MY money being spent I'd rather spend it myself than leave it in the hands of someone else. I also don't know what I want until I have it. I like to browse and see what other people are getting, then maybe I might get inspired to get something using my own money on myself. And to really pull back the curtain, Mr. Sith isn't the best gift giver in the world. He over thinks the whole thing and ends up getting something I really do not want. I'm still trying to put the Christmas of Family Guy Action Figures behind me. This year I told him that I want him to get that Ineke Cologne that I like and for him to wear it. So basically buy a present for himself. Is that wrong? I will benefit from it, so I don't see the harm. Also I would rather spend money on Darthypie and watch him get excited over gifts. That's what giving is really about. The joy in a child's face as he opens up a Buzz Lightyear doll...for example...that's awesome. Anyway. I think I'm going to pass on a gift for me this year. What with all the sales and discounts I have plenty of makeup and perfumes and skincare. Maybe a nice pair of cashmere gloves.... On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Chanel Glossimer in Equinoxe. A lot more sheer then in the tube. It's so sparkly. It looks awesome over a berry lip stain!
2. What gift do you want for the holidays? - See above. Maybe a nice pair of gloves. I can never find a pair that has long enough fingers tho.
3. Latest beauty item disappointment? - I have to say that without a doubt Cover Girl Lash Blast Length. The one in the yellow tube. It did NOTHING for my lashes, relaxed the curl and looked like crap. nuff said. Straight in the trash it went.
4. What is your favorite meal for a cold and rainy day? - This awesome chick pea soup. You puree the chick peas at the end of the cooking time...drizzle the soup with extra virgin olive oil and eat it with a big hunk of crusty bread. Yumalicious!
5. When you get new makeup, do you use it right away or wait a while? - I used to use it as soon as I got in my car to drive home, but now, because I have this blog and I want to take pictures of un-touched cosmetics I wait. It's difficult to do so, but I wait until I can get a decent picture.