Thursday, December 17, 2009
I'm not too concerned about computers taking over the world right now. I have thought about the artificial intelligence that computers use and it's not so great. I know this because these computers can't even make the most logical suggestions or send me information that I would even need. For example, Face Book's computer suggests friends to me that I would cross the street if I saw them on my side of the sidewalk
Hello! This guy looks like a cross between a homeless serial killer and a pirate. DO NOT WANT! Then there are the constant e-mails that hotmail suggests that I would like. But sorry, the last time I checked I didn't have a penis nor did I need it enlarged. I don't need cheap medications from Canada and I have no relatives in Nigeria that I have inherited money from. FAIL.
Seriously. think of all the energy that is wasted suggesting that I can be the new sugar daddy to some Lithuanian hottie or by notifying me that I won the UK lottery. If they, whomever "THEY" may be, would use their talents for good, rather than spam imagine the super computing power we would have. I would wake up and in my e-mail would be discount codes for makeup that I didn't even know I wanted. Chanel would be sending me eyeliners in colors I knew I wanted but was too afraid to ask for. Facebook would let me know that some overly generous cosmetics PR person wanted a new friend and they would send me free makeup to blog about and to give away to the readers. And I would finally have a computer suggest a foundation that actually didn't suck! But we all know what a pipe dream that is.
We are so far away from the realization of Skynet capabilities it's not even funny. Until then I'll make my own decisions.
On To The Poll
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel Joues Contraste in Mocha. A nude blush with plum undertones. Great when I pair it with a smokey eye.
2. If you were the eighth dwarf, what would your name be? - Duh! Taupey!
3. Last beauty item you received in the mail? - China Glaze C-C-Courage nail polish! Oh it's so beautiful. Expect a review shortly!
4. Do you prefer eating the frosting off the cupcake or the cupcake first? - I eat the cake part and then I eat the cake with the frosting on it. I honestly believe that one can never put too much frosting on a cupcake.
5. Best Customer Service or Sales Associate Experience at a cosmetic Counter/Store/Website? - I was at the Guerlain counter looking for an eye liner and the resident MA was there and she re-did my entire face foundation, blush eyeliner, everything. She was very pleasant and told me how to apply everything and didn't pressure me to buy anything other than what I came for. When I had more money I went back and bought some more items from her and she had some new holiday items that she let me peek at before anyone else and let me buy before they were put out for sale. She got a customer for life just because she was nice enough to help me one time.