Thursday, January 14, 2010
OK. I have learned my lesson. I am finally done with high end mascara...until Darthypie is out of day care at least. I now have my second case of Pink Eye in 12 months. Not only is Pink Eye contagious it also likes to breed in nice damp dark places like mascara and other cream eye products. Thankfully I was very aware of what I put on my eyes today so I can sanitize some items and throw away others. One item headed for the trash bin is my Shu Uemura - The Basic Mascara. This simple formula mascara had no frills, no big claims, nope. it was simply a great black mascara that didn't flake, held a curl and defined my lashes like no other mascara ever could. But at $27.50 per tube I can't afford to toss this in the trash before it's finished. Since I don't want to reinfect myself I'll be tossing this tonight. ::sigh:: I'm so sad. Buuuuuuuuuut...that opens the door to a lot of Mascara trials! I'm testing out 2 new Rimmel mascaras as soon as my eye is all better. I can't wait. The new mascaras sit in their flash shrink wrapped packages promising longer lashes, curvier lashes, glam lashes, flirty lashes oh so many promises. They sit there in the CVS bag, mocking me, whispering to me in the middle of the night..."Elvira! Wake up! Don't you wanna try me? I have a neat-o comb like applicator. Open me up. See what I'm like. It doesn't matter that it's 2AM and you have pink eye. Rip me open. You know you wanna. It'll make you feel good...feel good...feel good."
On To The Poll!
1. Mascara Of The Day - NONE! Stupid rugrats at Darthypie's daycare and the legions of diseases they transmit! (note how I don't place blame on my perfect son because he's perfectly perfect?)
2. What is your favorite brand of lip gloss? - I would have to say it is Chanel Glossimer, but I'm not opposed to falling in love with another brand, it's just that Chanel Glossimers are non-sticky, last for a long time and come in colors I like.
3. Current song you just can't get out of your head? - The Nurse Who Loved Me by A Perfect Circle.
4. What are you waiting for in the mail? - The Big Buddha Brush from the Urban Decay Hautelook sale. I got it for $9! (Saved $27!) I knew there was a reason I kept putting off buying that brush!
5. How often do you bid on Ebay? What was the last item you won? - Oh at least once a month. Last item I won was a "Buy It Now" for a devil hello kitty lip balm. Yeah. I need it!