Thursday, January 28, 2010
Mr. Sith has a strange work schedule so he is usually asleep by 7PM and up by 3AM...this means that in the evening I have to watch TV on my own...because I HAVE TO watch TV...anyway he watches stuff on the DVR when he gets home and then after I put Darthypie to bed and finish my nightly blog post and putzing around on the interwebz, I watch DVR stuff too. But sometimes I find myself looking for Reality TV to watch. Shows like "Survivor" (yeah I still watch it), "Tabitha's Salon Takeover", "Top Chef", "Project Runway", "The Jersey Shore" (Fist Pump), et. al. fill my nights. I think I watch this kind of Trainwreck TV, as I like to call it, because it requires no actual thought or use of the higher functions of my brain. I have to think all day at my job, I have to be creative and think when I play with Darthypie and when I post on the blog, so by 8:30 PM I'm pretty thunk out. Reality Shows don't require thought, logic or for that matter, must attention. I can paint my nails, go through the mail, flip through a magazine all while "watching" the trainwreck that is the subject of this week's "Hoarders" or dejected model from "Models Of the Runway". That being said I also like to convince myself that I watch these shows because I'm an Anthropologist at heart (Still remember the first Margaret Mead Book I read called "Sex and Temperament in Three Primitive Societies") and studying how people interact in groups and specific social situations fascinates me. Of course it could be that I watch these shows to feel better about myself because no matter how bad, tired or whatever I might feel, I'm not as bad as Jeff Conaway who seems to be the poster child for "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew". OK. That being said. I have to make sure that "Shear Genius" is set up to record next week and I have a "Launch My Line" to watch tonight.
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel JC in POESIE! Yeah biatches. That's right! I finally got my hot little hands on this much sought after blush and I didn't have to sell a kidney to get it! Whoot! A sheer, delicate pink with a slight frost is the best way to describe this color. I only need Chanel Turbulent to finish my collection...oh and Pink Satin and a back up of Narcisse...and...and...
2. Do you watch Reality TV? If Yes, what Show(s) do you watch? If No. Do you judge me and think my brain will atrophy from all the shows I watch? - OK. I think I answered this above.
3. What is one of your favorite beauty purchases from the last few months? - Aside from the Chanel blush, I would have to say Acorelle R of Rose perfume...from my favoritest perfume store in the whole wide world, Art With Flowers in Tyson's II mall.
4. Would you ever go on a reality TV show, regardless of the subject? - No. I like to pretend I'm a private person *ignores the fact that I have a blog, FaceBook page, and a Twitter account* and no matter what the subject those shows ALWAYS edit the hours of footage to make the main subject look like a total douchebag. I'd rather be a douchebag in private than in front of millions of people.
5. Beauty Item you are "Lemming" (want/ desire/ need) at the moment? - A good cream or gel cheek stain/blush. Not that I don't have enough powder blush that I love, I think I want a cream blush to convince myself that I don't want one. Does that make any sense?