The Kevyn Aucoin site claims that The Liquid Lipstick has...
• The coverage of a lipstick with the shine of a gloss.OK. Let's break it down:
• Designed to tint and wear like a lipstick while shining like a lip gloss
• Delicate and moist formula stays put for long-lasting wear
• Perfect for any occasion
• Packaged in a lip gloss-like tube with application brush
• Ondine is a stunning poppy red shade
• The coverage of a lipstick with the shine of a gloss. - WIN! Hell yeah! Shine like you wouldn't believe and opaque coverage from first swipe.
• Designed to tint and wear like a lipstick while shining like a lip gloss - WIN! Didn't I just answer this above. Kinda redundant...but yes. all very true.
• Delicate and moist formula stays put for long-lasting wear - WIN! no dry lips here and the formula is sort of sticky and heavily pigmented so I only need to re-apply one or twice a day...depending on how much I eat. yeah. It's that nice.
• Perfect for any occasion - Win-ish? How do they know ANY occasion? Maybe I'm attending a Buffalo Wings eating competition. Do YOU think lipstick is "perfect" for this event? No. Of course not. It will only get in the way when you are eating. Maybe I'm going to enter a Convent. I don't think Nuns wear much, if any, makeup (hence reason 7,548,723 why I'm not a nun)..so no on THAT "occasion" don't think it's appropriate. Jeesh. These "Know it Alls" and their "predictions" or perfect "Occasions"..almost as "annoying" as unnecessary quotation marks!
• Packaged in a lip gloss-like tube with application brush - FAIL-ISH OK. I got the lip gloss style tube but the one I received came with a sponge tip applicator...which I believe is the old packaging. I'm perfectly OK with this. So it's not really a Fail. I mean look at the brush in the promo picture. It looks like a damn crime scene. All splayed and srcagelly...no thank you.
• Ondine is a stunning poppy red shade - WIN! It is a vibrant COOL toned blue based red. This is a lovely compliment to cooler or neutral skin tones.
The Liquid Lipstick from Kevyn Aucoin in Ondine retails for $27 USD on the beauty.com and Kevyn Aucoin websites. I was fortunate enough to purchase this for only $6.75 from the Hautelook sale!! Would I buy this at full price? I would have to say yes. The color is pretty, it's long lasting and feel very comfortable on my lips. I might even get more colors...they have 4 other colors.
Do you NEED this? Well let's put it this way. If you found Dior Creme de Gloss too creamy and not long lasting, and you found Chanel Rouge Allure Laques too watery and thin, Kevyn Aucoin The Liquid Lipstick is the perfect in between for those products....so yes. you need it.
p.s. if you want to join hautelook you don't need an invitation to join, just go to the site and click on the "become a member" link....however if you are feeling generous and want to join though my invitation click HERE you will get nothing extra, you will not be special in any way and nothing special will happen to you... but I will get $10 credit if you buy something MUWAHAHAHA ...it's all about me after all.