Thursday, February 4, 2010
I DON'T hate snow. It seems like everyone complains when it snows. Not me. I love it. Half of the time it snows so much that I get to stay home instead of go into work, and hey let's face it. It just adds to the days where I can wear sweaters and jeans and big cozy socks. Well. I had an epiphany yesterday. I realized that the reason I love snow so much is because I never really had to shovel it. I had to shovel the driveway yesterday. It sucked. The snow was wet and heavy...not powdery like last week...and we have a big driveway. Then half way through shoveling I realized I had not cleaned off my car yet and that meant that all my shoveling would have to be done over because the snow coming off my car would end up in the driveway...oh yeah...and my gloves were in the snow covered car. So not only did I have to shovel twice I didn't wear my gloves so my hands were cold and I got a blister. I freakin HATE snow. Now the next time Mr. Sith is shoveling the driveway for the one millionth time this winter I'll remember what a total pain in the butt it is to shovel snow and I will do something nice for him...like not make him watch Project Runway with me...or not have a conversation involving taupe eye shadow or something thoughtful like that.
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Paul & Joe Lipstick in Reckless #63. You can read my post about it HERE and see swatch pics.
2. What is your favorite blush for that "Just in from frolicking in the snow" flush? - Right now I would have to say it is Pout in Cherie Tarte...but I should be receiving Chanel JC in Turbulent soon and that might be my new fave!
3. Do you partake in any winter sports? (e.g. Skiing, Ice Skating, Snow Shoeing, Curling, etc.) No. I tried skiing once...once. It was a disaster. I sucked at it and almost hit a tree. plus I hate snow pants. I had a red pair of down filled snow pants and a red ski jacket and I felt like the Michelin Tire Man covered in blood. (Now there's an image for ya!) I used to ice skate when I was younger. That was fun. I do enjoy watching Hockey. Does that count? LET'S GO CAPS!
4. What is your favorite dry, cold weather body lotion, hand cream, face cream? - Humm. I would have to say Nivea Lotion is super for me and Nivea cream in the blue tin (made in Germany) is the most wonderful hand cream that I have ever used. Lastly, Fresh Soy Face Cream is my favorite cold weather face treatment. It smells like lemon grass and moisturizes without breaking me out or feeling greasy.
5. When was the last time you built a snowman? - Ah ha! I have a little kid so my last snowman was recent! but before Darthypie came along, the last snowman I built was in the Blizzard of 1996 which hit the East Coast with over 4 feet of snow. My friends all hung out at one house the night before, watched movies, mad a ton of food, drank and made a snow man on the front lawn. Ahh good times...I didn't see my car for 2 weeks...seriously. It was covered. Thankfully I lived in walking distance to work and the Metro.