Thursday, February 18, 2010
for about $500 USD you can sleep in a room made out of ice and snow on a bed of ice and snow covered with reindeer hides and a thermal sleeping blanket. The entire hotel (including your room) is kept at a temperature between 17 and 23 degrees Fahrenheit (-8 to -5 Celsius). What? You don't want that? Well thousands of people for the past 20 seasons have done this and it's apparently supposed to be AWESOME! It's called The Ice Hotel and it is located 125 miles (200km) NORTH of the Arctic Circle in Lapland, Sweden. Yes THAT Lapland. Where Santa is from. Why am I talking about ice and snow and staying near the arctic circle in the middle of February? Because the 10 foot high snow mountains that are on every corner and the 4 foot high snow walls that line all the roads remind me that I probably won't see any of this snow melt until MAY! I don't think I'm gonna see my sidewalk until late April at this rate. However if I did have $500 to spend I might consider staying at the Ice Hotel...then again.. Maybe not. Maybe I will spend it on makeup. Yeah. That's what I will most likely do. Makeup and a Birthday Card for my friend PAM! Happy Birthday Pam! You don't look a day over 30..and I mean that! On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Guerlain Rouge G Lipstick in Gracia # 66. I just love this color and the formula is perfect!
2. What exotic location would you like to spend one night? - Well Aside from the Ice Hotel? Because let's face it. More than one night of 17 degrees it enough. I think it would be cool to stay at the Poseidon Undersea Resort in Fiji. OMG staying in a pod under the ocean with 360 degree views of the sea? It sounds awesome! Don't ask how much is costs. You don't want to know.
3. What item have you recently seen (on a blog or in a store) that has you transfixed, lemming, etc.? Believe it or not. The Yves St. Laurent Rouge Volupté lipsticks. I walked by a display at Nordstrom the other day and found myself drooling over them. They have some really pretty nude ones...but at $34 each I think I'll wait until I can find one on ebay.
4. What is the most unique or best hotel you have ever stayed? - On our Honeymoon Mr. Sith and I toured the California Coast. We stayed at The Madonna Inn...which has a great history and an awesome steakhouse! We stayed in the Rock Bottom room which is underground-ish, has rock walls and floors and a waterfall shower. Tres tacky and cool all at the same time!
5. What has come in the mail or what are you waiting for? - Oh boy. I'm on my purple nail polish kick again. So I got some Nubar polishes. I also picked up the 2 new MAC Viva Glam shades. I'll do a post soon. I promise!