Thursday, March 18, 2010
Spring starts this Saturday. Spring reminds me of Spring Cleaning. Spring Cleaning reminds me of cleaning out closets. Cleaning out closets reminds me of clothing. Clothing reminds me of the fact that I have nothing to wear. Nothing to wear reminds me of the TV Show What Not To Wear. What Not To wear reminds me that I so want to be nominated for this show. (My train of thought always comes back to shopping. Sad isn't it?) If you get on the show, you basically get $5,000 to go on a shopping spree in New York City. Of course you have to listen to the two hosts talk about fashion and what is the right "silhouette" for your body type and you get to hear Stacy, one of the hosts, say "Om-peer Waist" when she means "Empire Waist". It's quite amusing. However, with $5,000 you really can't get a whole wardrobe. You might be able to get a few key pieces to work off of but the hosts throw out all your clothing and you are supposed to start from scratch. Oh goodness they would have a field day with me. My shoes are straight up 1990's. Big clunky black clown shoes. My jeans are flared not "skinny" My shirts are baggy and the primary color in my wardrobe is gray. I would be humiliated on that show during the "360 degree mirror" critique. Oh but I have a plan. I would smile and nod and take their criticism. I wouldn't fight their advice. and when released on my own to go shopping I would have Joeybunny secretly meet me at Bergdorf Goodman. I would slide the credit card with $5,ooo on it over to her and have her buy me some Edward Bess, Paul & Joe and Le Metier de Beaute cosmetics and then have her pick up some Serge Lutens and Creed perfumes. With the remaining $2,500 I would get some random clothes from Macy's (on sale and all gray & black) and call it a day. Of course I would have to endure a terrible haircut from the haircut guy. That's OK though. Hair grows back. And I would have to endure Carmindy giving me her classic "smokey eye" and putting Maybelline Great Lash mascara on me (The classic and terrible pink and green menace) and I would hide my makeup stash from her because she would try to throw it all away or steal it. Yep. That's what I would do. But It will never happen. By the time I could get someone to nominate me, and actually get picked for the show they will have cancelled it. Plus I bet the would be pretty pissed that I spent $2,500 on cosmetics and perfume.
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - MAC Sweet & Single from the 2007 MAC Barbie Collection. Oh this is my favorite cool toned pink-plum-frosty lipstick. My cats got my original tube, which was almost finished and defiled it in a way that I cannot speak of on the interwebz. Thankfully I was able to swap for a new tube with a friend.
2. If you had $2,500 to spend on Cosmetics and Perfume, what brands would you buy? - Well aside from the Edward Bess, Paul & Joe and Le Metier de Beaute, I would also pick up some items from Chantecaille, Geuerlain, Sisley, Shu Uemura, Cle de Peau and La Mer.
3. Beauty item(s) you recently repurchased? - Soap & Glory Clean Mary face cleanser. I like this a lot. Reviewed it here, but obviously I have warmed up to it since my review. Kenzoki Barefeet Fantasy Massage Balm. Reviewed it here. I received the first as a press sample and purchased a second one when I ran out. This stuff saved my feet this winter!
4. Most Shallow reason for breaking up with a significant other? - I once broke up with a guy because he didn't know the difference between North, Central and South America. He argued with me that Canada was North America, The US was Central America and Anything from Mexico on down to Argentina was South America. Geography FAIL! I happened to be moving the next month and I just didn't give him my new number.
5. What is coming in the mail? - I just received my Laura Mercier Guilded Garden Mosaic (Shimmer/highlighter). I'm expecting my Chantecaille Les Dauphins Palette and also Kose Rose Of Heaven perfume!!