Thursday, March 25, 2010
Spring has sprung in my area and with the rising temperatures come the rising pollen count. For seasonal Allergy Sufferers the Washington, DC area is as close to living in hell as possible. This is all thanks to Lady Bird Johnson. Of sure. She might have been a wonderful First Lady, entrepreneur and lauded citizen of the United States, but her path of death and destruction in the Washington DC area is well known. You see. she was on this "Beautification" kick and wanted to make all cities beautiful. She lived in DC at the time of this insane phase in her life and basically brought almost every species of flora from the US to the DC area. While Washington DC is quite beautiful during the Spring and summer, it also means all sorts of non native pollens are floating around here almost year round. That means if you are allergic to one specific species of plant, tree or flower, you most likely will react to it here. In other words. You will have a stuffy nose and watery eyes from spring until late fall. Stupid allergies. I basically have has my seasonal allergies hit me full force last week. My body laughs at Claritin, Sudaphed and Zyrtec. I have taken almost every over the counter allergy medication and most prescribed ones too. It mostly doesn't help because the side effects of said "medications" are almost as annoying as the symptoms that lead to taking them. So what do I do? I basically stay inside as much as I can (which explains my alabaster pallor) and deal with it. No wonder I like winter so much. Big Fluffy sweaters, Red lipstick, Dry Skin and no allergies.
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel JC in Rose Satin. Ohh this is eons old. I swapped for this half used blush, with a serious dip in the pan, just so I could say I own it. A pretty, frosty, cool pink blush.
2. Do you have any allergies? - Yes. Aside from the seasonal allergies I'm allergic to walnuts. If I eat them I get inflamed taste buds on my tongue and awful sores inside my mouth. It sucks. But thankfully it's the only nut to do this to me...on occasion a raw almond or brazil nut might have the same effect, but mostly it's walnuts.
3. Current beauty obsession? - Well since I just purchased a new organizer for my nail polish collection I'm obsessed with getting an Ikea Helmer storage unit for my makeup. For a mere $39.99 I can store all my makeup in one place rather than having it in a plastic storage box and a large train case and scattered around various places in my home. My obsession is organization right now.
4. What is your favorite flower? - It changes, but as far as looks I would have to say the Tulip is my favorite. So perfectly minimal in structure, yet so colorful and fragrant. I still love roses, but as a walking around and looking at the spring flowers go, tulips can't be beat.
5. Most recent beauty purchase? - Illamasqua Cake Eyeliner in Zeal. A deep forest green. I have worn it twice this week. That's a lot for me consider how little green I normally wear. I sense a new eyeshadow color obsession coming on.