Eyelashes. Our society seems to be obsessed with them. There are a ton of prescription and non prescription formulas on the market to enhance and grow ones eyelashes. When a PR rep from iQ Derma offered me the chance to try one of these non prescription products I jumped at the chance. Not that I'm unhappy with my lashes, they are of decent length and volume...nothing that couldn't be enhanced by mascara, but hey, if I have a chance to make them more lush and longer, why not?
A lot of these lash enhancement products sold over the counter, are VERY expensive and iQ Derma's product, SmartLash is no exception. Retailing at $125 USD this is not a product you buy because it will help you get to that total for free shipping. This IS the product that gets you free shipping..(sometimes)
According to the manufacturer, SmartLash is a "non-irritating lash enhancement" product that should give you a "lash line that looks thick, long and full". The product is prostaglandin-free (A hormone like substance) and is free from the harsh side effects of other lash enhancement products. It is ophthalmologist-approved for wearers of contact lenses and sensitive eyes. It is also beneficial for brow enhancement.
I read the insert that came with the product, and in clinical studies, participants experienced:
- Up to a 68% increase in the appearance of lash length!
- 100% saw an increase in the appearance of eyelash length, fullness and thickness after 30 days.
- 100% indicated a superior performance of this product when compared to previously used eyelash enhancement products.
- 100% said they feel like they need less mascara.
- 100% would recommend SMARTLASH to a friend.
- No increase in lash length via photographic evidence, however my lashes did hit my glasses one day (Does that count?)
- My lashes did feel and look SLIGHTLY fuller after using the product twice a day but nothing like a false lash effect...and I was really looking.
- This is the only product I have used for lash enhancement. I have nothing to compare it to.
- If I ever feel like I need less mascara I have obviously died. Put some dirt on me if I ever make this statement. Using this product for 45 days did not make me say this...so at least it didn't kill me.
- Oooh. recommending it to a friend? Well here is the thing. I can't. I cannot recommend spending $125 of your hard earned dollars on a product that I saw minimal improvement with. Now that being said, you can see that my lashes are a decent length to begin with. they may have been thin, but I would hardly describe them as sparse. IF your lashes are shorter and more thin than mine, and you don't want to get a prescription for Latisse or something else then you MIGHT want to consider this product, but don't come running to me if you have the same results I did and now you are out $125!
After using this product twice a day for 45 days, the small 0.06 oz tube is still fairly full. One uses such a small amount for each use I see that a tube will last you several months. I stopped using the product after 45 days because honestly, I just didn't see the point. Perhaps if I went 60 days I might have noticed a change, but honestly it was one more step in my routine that wasn't providing me any benefit.
I really, really wanted this product to work for me. I actually tested it longer than I told the rep I would (45 days versus 30) because the photographic results after 30 days were so poor that I thought giving the product extra time to work might help. Sadly the results I had were nothing like those experienced in the clinical trial.
Would I have purchased this product had it not been offered to me? No. Will I continue to use this product? No. Will I seek out other last enhancement products in the future. Probably, but I certainly will not make it my life's mission to find a product that gives me false lash effect lashes. I'll just buy false lashes or just be happy with the lashes I have.
Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Apigenin, Glutamic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Octapeptide-2, Panthenol, Mannitol, Biotin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oleanolic Acid, Disodium Succinate, Sodium Oleate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cellulose Gum, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlor Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA.