Thursday, May 27, 2010
The other day I went to get an MRI done of my brain. The Doctor I went to see about my, for lack of a better term, sun sickness/migraine headaches, suggested I get one along with some other tests. Now I don't have any results, but what I do have is a CD with all the MRI images on it. How cool is that. Aside from MRI's being really frickin cool, now I'm sent home with a hundred images of my brain! I picked the profile to show you as I find it most flattering. Now I know some nutter is going to leave a comment saying they see a tumor or some sort of other malformation, but I thought I would post the pic anyway just to prove that I actually DO have a brain AND it fills up most of my skull! This leads me to wonder about other medical services that we will see advances in for the future. Remember on Star Trek when Bones would wave this wand over the patient and be able to diagnose them using a hand held computer. I hear we aren't too far off from that. I mean we already have portable sonograms now, and we are using lasers more and more in surgery. How much longer to get to the advances of medicine shown in Star Trek or whatever Sci-fi show du jour is out there. The possibility of living 100 or more years seems even more possible now. That's exciting...but also daunting. How long will I have to work to support myself to the age of 100 or more? Will my pension fund run out of money if everyone lives to be 100+ years old? What about overpopulation? Will there be any room for people that can live that long at our current rate of population growth? Oh goodness I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel Joues Contraste in Turbulent. Wowza Hot Pink that, applied lightly, gives and awesome flush, Sadly it is discontinued. My love of Chanel JC Blushes knows no bounds..even discontinued ones.
2. Have you ever had an MRI done? (Not that I want you to reveal personal medical information...but a simple yes, no or maaaaybe will suffice.) - This is my 3rd MRI. I had one done a long time ago for my Jaw...I had TMJ, this recent one was sooo loud. I don't remember them being so loud. Perhaps medical science can figure out a way to make it sound less like a jackhammer.
3. Best advance in the "Science" of cosmetics since you started wearing cosmetics? - Now granted you spring chickens my not be able to think of an example but it would be neat to hear your perspective over the last few years. Personally I think the advancements in Foundation are super. I remember how awful the foundation was in the 80's compared to now. It's night and day.
4. If you could live forever (Without having to sell your soul or suck the blood out of unsuspecting victims) would you? - I know this sounds really cheezy, but I would only want to live forever...or at least 500+ years if Mr. Sith was with me. Granted I wouldn't want to age any more than I already have. I mean come on. Can you imagine how much retinol one would have to use to erase 500 year old wrinkles?
5. What one beauty product do you wish they would perfect though advances in science/chemistry/whatever? - Oh Pore size. I want someone to make a product that will actually and truly shrink my pores without causing breakout and will give me that porcelain doll skin...yeah right...I'll believe it when I see it.