Thursday, June 24, 2010
My birthday is next Friday (July 2nd) and for my birthday this year I would like the following. To have the freedom and benefits of being an adult without the responsibility. In other words I don't want to worry about paying bills, taxes, cleaning, getting my car repaired....Oh don't get me started on my car. I just found out I need about $2700 worth of work done to it. And it's not stuff even Mr. Sith can fix (He's pretty handy)! On top of that our dryer is on the fritz. We think it needs a new motor. Yep. That's right. It won't start. It makes this awful sound when you try to start it...it sounds like a mechanical duck being strangled. Lovely huh? On top of the broken car and dryer, our Air Conditioner unit is so old that it qualified for Social Security Benefits last week. We will soon need to replace that and with a 100+ degree day forecast for the end of ONLY June I think I'm screwed. Now this may seem trivial to some...but let me put it in perspective for you. If have to pay for all that stuff BEFORE I can buy items from Chanel's new Fall 2010 collection. Yup. I thought that would make you see the agony I am in. Chanel's Fall 2010 collection has not just one but THREE new Joues Contraste blushes...and 2 are in the cool family! Do you know how long it has been since Chanel released 3 new JC blushes let alone cool toned ones? Arugh. It's killing me. Let's not even think about the new eyeshadow quad that had 2 count 'em 2 taupes and an eyeshadow single that is taupe. This Fall 2010 collection is looking to be one of Chanel's best in a long time. This is the kind of collection people will pine away for long after each limited edition Glossimer is gone. It sucks being an adult and having to put reliable transportation and clean clothing in front of new blush and eyeshadow. That's it. I'm too depressed to rant any further.
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel Joues Contraste blush in Pink Satin. Years old and long since discontinued. this medium pink blush has teeny tiny silver shimmer that blends in perfectly with your skin and gives a perfect flushed look.
2. You discover that the person you're head-over-heels in love with, loves a good homemade & handmade dessert. What will you make when you have this person over? - Pie. Nothing is easier or more impressive than making a pie for someone you love. The crust isn't as hard to make as people think it is, and you can make it as neat or as rustic (read= sloppy) as you like and it will still taste awesome. Plus. Nothing beats a Strawberry Rhubarb pie with fresh whipped cream.
3. Latest beauty acquisition? - Maybelline Falsies Mascara. I'm not sure if I love it as much as Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara but it's pretty mice. Definitely more volume than Colossal but the brush is kinda strange and a tad too flexible for my liking. Still though, a nice thick lash is the result. I'm biased toward Maybelline mascaras...it's my go to drugstore brand.
4. What is the longest book you ever read? - Ooh. This isn't easy because I want to tell you all it was something really classic or something that would make me look like a super duper intellectual, but the honest answer is Stephen King's IT. Freakin' long ass book with like a zillion characters and a killer clown. I still to this day have no idea how I read the whole thing in a few nights....especially considering my hatred of clowns.
5. What pricey products are worth their weight in gold? - La Mer Loose Powder. This powder is so finely milled and has the perfect amount of shimmer (don't worry you won't get a disco ball look from this) that it gives you an airbrushed finish every time. Plus a little goes a long way. A full jar will last longer than a year.