Thursday, July 29, 2010
I have been getting next to no sleep lately and it is all Mr. Sith's fault. No. He’s not snoring or hogging the covers. He gave me a Sudoku book and a Crossword puzzle book. For our trip to Las Vegas he picked up those 2 books as well as Running with Scissors. I decided to jut read the book instead of playing games. (By The Way, that book is freakin tragic!) Well when we got home I unpacked and put the Sudoku book by my nightstand. One night recently, while getting ready for bed, I crack open the book and started on the easy puzzles in the book. The next thing I know it's 11PM and my alarm is set for 5AM. That's 6 hours of sleep, if I'm lucky. Ugh. I proceed to do the same thing each night for the entire week. Thank goodness crossword puzzles are a bit more challenging and I can put them down and come back to them later. There is just something about leaving a blank space on a Sudoku puzzle that drives me batty! Finally, today the lack of sleep catches up with me. Sure, I've been sleepy all week and wanting to nap when I get home, but I finally realized that I'm not 25 anymore and I just cannot function on 6 hours of sleep. I also realized that Sudoku is addicting. I'm seriously so tired that I feel as if I've been on the verge of tears all week. It sucks getting old. I'll tell you that right now. For you readers in your early to mid 20's. Enjoy it while you can. (Of course you won't. I know I didn't realize how good I had it until it was gone!) Sleep 4 hours, 2 hours not at all. You can do it and function, and for that I am deeply jealous and admire you. *donning a walker and shawl and a chin hair the length of a small rodent* You whippersnappers better get off my lawn before I call the police on you! Walking around in your miniskirts and jeans with the holes in them. Why I oughtta... Whoa! I think I just turned into an 80 year old wretched cat lady. Sorry you had to see that. Just a glimpse of the future I have waiting for me!
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day - Chanel JC in Rose Temptation. OMG this is a pigmented blush. It's a little powdery in the pan but I have to apply it with a skunk brush so I don't overwhelm myself with color. It's a deep warm toned rose. Perfection!
2. Do you play any puzzle games like crossword, Sudoku, jumble, etc? - Well Yes. Sudoku because I suck at math but this game doesn't require math skills so it makes me feel smart because I'm insecure. I just love puzzles in general. I love the challenge and the satisfaction once it is solved.
3. Any or recent beauty purchase you regretted? - Ugh. That LORAC palette. I really want to love it, but the softness of the shadows just kills it for me, plus the useless brush and average eye primer annoy me. I can't find my receipt either so that sucks as well.
4. Do you have a vision of what you will look like when you are 80, 90, 100? - Yes. I think I'll have long grey hair and wrinkles. I'll probably still have acne (FML) and I'll be sporting bright red lipstick because I can. The chin hair will be nonexistent because Mr. Sith promised to pluck it for me if I ever get too old or infirmed to do it myself!
5. Current beauty obsession? - Right now, my skin is clear and smooth and acne free. It has been for an entire week. If you knew me you would know how awesome that is. I think it's because I started using this new Estee Lauder stuff but I can't be sure. I need to give it a month for my stupid hormones to kick in and try to ruin my skin again. Hopefully my skin will remain clear. So my obsession is making sure I don't do anything to disturb my skin right now.