Thursday, September 23, 2010
I have a phobia of insects. Also known as Acarophobia or Entomophobia or Insectophobia, the phobia itself can be pretty annoying because I'm not afraid of ALL bugs. Ants don't bother me unless they are really large. Lady bugs are OK as long as they don't come in hoards. Bumble bees are no problem because they are usually busy getting nectar from flowers and pay me no mind, but most other bugs scare the crap out of me. I also hate Spiders. Spiders really scare me. really teeny tiny ones are OK, because I can usually blow them away, but anything over the size of a chocolate chip will send me shrieking from the room. Oh gross, now I have associated chocolate chips with spiders. Now when I see a chocolate chip I'll think of spiders. Bleh! Mr. Sith is OK with all bugs except Spiders. He hates them too. So you can imagine that in our house if a spider gets in, it's kind of a production. We try really hard not to show our fear in front of Darthypie because we don't want to pass along the phobia to him, but I worry that he might get it anyway. Thank goodness we have bottles of spider spray everywhere in our home. Don't get me wrong. I understand that spiders do an excellent service to our garden. They eat the bad bugs that can ruin plants and all that. I leave them alone if they are outside, but if they take one step in my home, that's it. They are done! What's worse, our 2 cats, Herbie and Cujo, are not bug cats. They couldn't care less about bugs. (Stupid Cats). I'm sure I'll get letters from PETA now. I don't care. All I'm saying is that as the weather turns colder most bugs will go into hibernation and I won't have to see them for several months. So since today is the first day of Fall I celebrate a bug free home...until Spring.
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel Jouse Contraste in Rose Dust. One of the few cool toned blushes in the JC collection. I have the Euro version and it seems to be lighter than the US version and less chalky. I perfect blue based pinky-mauve.
2. Do you have any phobias? Don't know the name? Look it up on The Phobia List website. You can look up the indexed list to search by the thing you have a phobia of if you don't know the name of the phobia. - Aside from insects I have a Chiroptophobia. This is a fear of bats. I have no idea why Halloween is still my favorite time of year. Between the spiders and bats you would think I would be hiding in the corner with a can of spider spray and a shotgun.
3. Finish this sentence. "If I had more money I would buy more __________." (Must be a beauty product) - If I had more money would buy more Chantecaille cosmetics and skincare or high end niche perfumes. Yeah. I change my answer to perfume.
4. Do you have Coulrophobia? (Fear of clowns) - No. I don't think I do, but I really HATE clowns. I mean really hate them. I also hate the circus, not just for the clowns but also for the animal acts. Bleh! It's a little known fact. All clowns carry knives.
5. What beauty product were you so excited to have, but now you are just not that into anymore? - I guess my Chanel Rouge Coco lipsticks. I find them incredibly drying after a while. I don't think I'll be purchasing more. (Please bookmark this page so you can remind me what a hypocrite I am the next time you see me review a new Rouge Coco lipstick!)