Thursday, September 30, 2010
For the first time the other day I watched a game called Australian Rules Football. This is the most insane sport I have ever seen. It’s basically a bunch of guys in really short shorts running all over a field that looks about the size of a soccer pitch, and slamming into one another at full force. There also seems to be a watermelon sized oblong ball involved and some 75 refs in yellow shirts all over the field blowing whistles at random times and intervals. The players seem to run constantly and also run into other players at the same time. It’s almost like watching a human representation of water molecules heating up and bumping into each other at random times. The crowd seems to cheer the loudest when one of the players manages to abscond with the watermelon ball and kick it through a series of poles in one part of the field. This prompts a ref in a yellow shirt to blow a whistle and points are awarded. I have no idea what the rules are. I have no idea what the strategy is, but I do know the following. A) The players are all really buff because running for hours on end and chasing after a watermelon ball whilst 7 other guys want to kill you keeps you really fit. B) The short shorts are HOT! C) It’s freakin chaos and I LOVE IT! Maybe one of you can explain this game to me, but I almost don’t want to know because watching it as an outsider is an awesome thing. I really like puzzles and I think if I watch this game long enough I might be able to figure out the rules, or mission or something. I love American Football and I think if I were not American I would also have no clue as to what the hell is going on during that game. American Football Players take a lot of breaks and stand around a whole lot. Action comes in spits and spurts and there are a lot of really big, fat guys wearing really tight pants. I can understand an outsider’s disdain of the American Football sport. Of course once you learn the rules and the strategy behind the American Football game it is far more interesting, but I’ll tell you what, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is as entertaining as watching Australian Rules Football regardless of your understanding of the game. OK. I just had to share that with you. I have no point today.
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? – Chanel Joues Contraste in Poesie. A pretty pink that is slightly warm on me. It looks way different in the pan than it does on the skin, but the application is sheer and natural looking.
2. What was the last blush you purchased and how often have you used it? – I picked up the Chanel Rose Temptation Joues Contraste Blush back in August and I have used it at least once a week since I purchased it…however, I think I will be using it more as the weather gets colder.
3. What sport do you have no clue about the rules and quite honestly have no idea why people find it interesting? – I would have to say that sport would be Cricket. I have NO idea how you play and I hear some matches can last hours if not days. Ugh! No thank you. My max enjoyment for sports is about 2 hours. If it goes beyond that I tire and lose interest.
4. What beauty items or non beauty items are you waiting for in the mail? – None! Oh it makes me so sad. I have nothing on the way to me. Tell me what you have so I can live vicariously through you!
5. Did you play any sports when you were younger? – I was on Swim Team and Cross Country, but I pretty much sucked at both of them. I really wanted to be on the pom pom squad, but my parents said it wouldn’t look good on my college applications. Feh! I don’t think college would have cared what I did in 8th grade. I really wanted to wear those saddle shoes and have those pom poms.