My brother is a Professor at a mid sized College. He likes to joke about torturing his students. My brother has a very dry sense of humor but is also very sarcastic so I like to think that despite the difficulty of his coursework his students like him. I like to help devise ways to torture his students as well. I suggested conspicuous use of copious amounts of hand sanitizer every time the go into his office. I also suggested a pop quiz. he said he has done that, but he did give them a days notice. FAIL! A pop quiz is NO NOTICE. he's too nice. I suggested starting the lecture and in the middle tell them there is a pop quiz right now! I suggested the group project, which is torture for the over achievers because they end up doing the works of the slackers. I suggested making students stand up every time they have a question that seems really old school but just annoying and passive aggressive enough to get under their skin. There are may ways to torture students. Why do I know so many? Because I was tortured by my teachers in school. Aside from every single teacher mispronouncing my name, followed by a chorus of the entire class singing the Oak Ridge Boys song, the quizzes, inane text books that they make you buy then never refer to the entire year, the cryptic syllabus that forgets to mention a key part of the class for the quarter, I've been though it all. (Including the standing up to answer questions and pop quizzes) Of course I was in school during the stone age. We didn't have the Internet or Microsoft windows for that matter. We had card catalogs and books published in 1963 as our only reference on a subject. We had Xeroxed syllabus (syllabi?) and had to speak to our professors in person should we need an extension on a paper or what not. Yes. We had actual dinosaurs on my campus. It was a drag dodging the T-Rex to get to Abnormal Psychology 101, but always a blast to slide down the brontosaurus at the end of Statistics class. What I'm saying is, I'm freakin old. I guess not as old as some, like my Brother who went to college and they didn't even have personal computers. He had to type his papers on an actual typewriter...at least I have that going for me...I guess. Oh and if we wanted to cheat we had to write stuff on our arms and shoes. No fancy text messages like they have now. Oh did I say that out loud? Forget I said anything!
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Chanel Glossimer in Pagoda with Chanel Nude Lip Liner all over lips. Since I have little to no pigmentation in my natural lip color I have to use a liner when using most Chanel Glossimers. Pagoda is a warm pinky-red-brown with silver and gold shimmer. It's a great fall lipgloss!
2. What was your most torturous class in school? - For sure it was Statistics. I just sucked at it. I didn't want to take it but had to in order to complete my major. I barely got a C. I sucked at it that badly.
3. With the Holiday Cosmetic Collections hitting the counters now, which ones are you most interested in? - For sure Chanel, but I recently say Clarins Holiday collection and I must say I'm really interested in a few items from them as well.
4. Tell me about a fond memory of a day in school for you. -I was in kindergarten and we were finger painting. The teacher had covered all the tables in plastic wrap, which we thought was odd, and she made us wash our hands before using the finger paint, AND we were only given one color - BROWN. Then about 3 minutes into finger painting the teacher announced that we were using chocolate pudding! We all squealed with delight and started eating our finger paint masterpieces and licking our hands. Yeah. Good Times!
5. What beauty item have you recently used up, run out of, and/or need to repurchase? - My Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I need a new bottle ASAP. Since Nordstrom is having a GWP I thin I'll pick up a bottle from them!