On the first of November, my local shopping center, mall and pretty much everywhere else I went, had Christmas decorations up and music blaring. What happened to Thanksgiving? Have we skipped that holiday because we only buy food and no one really profits but the turkey and canned yam industry? Why does Christmas come so early every year? I know I'm not the only one that complains about this. I know there are others that wish the trees and ribbons and lights were put up the day AFTER Thanksgiving, but retailers continue to push it. I'm not being a Scrooge. I promise, but I kinda like Autumn and Thanksgiving is the last big holiday in Autumn and one of the few holiday's in America that you don't really have to buy gifts. Sure Turkey and Marshmallows and pumpkin puree are on the shopping list, but things like Diamond rings and Video Games and Leather Gloves are not. And I'm Thankful for that. It seems like no sooner than the 26th of December we are bombarded with Valentine's day decorations, and on February 15th Easter decorations start multiplying like bunnies (pun intended). Oh and then there is Black Friday. The Friday after Thanksgiving where stores open at ridiculous hours to allow shoppers to buy one or two items that are priced so low it creates a frenzy and the next thing you know, you have people waiting in line at 8PM the day before to be one of the first in the store to buy a DVD player for $10. Really? I like a good deal as much as the next person but it is worth sleeping outside on cold concrete? Please educate me if you have done this? I'm not casting scorn, (OK maybe a little) but if you have done this in the past, was it worth it? Maybe I'm bitter because I hate crowds and basically have to avoid the mall the entire weekend after Thanksgiving and through January 2nd. Thank goodness for the interwebz and on line shopping! Perhaps my misanthropic tendencies come out more this time of year, or perhaps I'm just fed up with it all and will be visited by three ghosts one night. I hope one of them is Carol Kane as she was in the movie Scrooged. She's so full of awesome!
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Dior Sérum De Rouge Luminous Color Lip Treatment #760 (Raspberry Serum). I think my initial review of this was too harsh. I have "re-discovered" this lipstick and quite enjoy wearing it. Now that Dior has added new colors I might even pick up another one. We will see.
2. For those in North America: Do you feel that the holiday decorations are put up too early? For those not in North America, do you see a similar phenomenon in your country surrounding Christmas or another gift giving holiday? - I'm curious to see when other countries put up holiday decorations. I always grew up with the rule of the day after Thanksgiving or at least December 1st was when the holiday decorations went up. As you can see from my post above I think they go up too early.
3. Confession Time! How many mascaras do you have open right now? - I am sad to say that I went on a mascara binge a few months ago and I now have 6 full size and 3 trial size mascaras open right now. I need to throw them all out and settle on just one. I can't decide tho!
4. What are some of your favorite traditional foods from any of the holidays you celebrate? - I LOVE matzo ball soup, Turkey and Gravy and Stuffing, Panettone Bread (but only if my Brother makes it), and pretty much anything with Marzipan and Dark Chocolate! Oh and Egg Nog. I loves me some egg nog!
5. Current Lemmings? - A new mascara! I want one the thickens, holds a curl and lasts all day without flaking. Oh and I want a new foundation.