Oh man. Thanksgiving is next week here in the US and to be quite honest I am not looking forward to it. It's not that I don't like the food. I LOVE the food, I just don't look forward to the day AFTER Thanksgiving. Someone a long time ago got the bright idea that the day after Thanksgiving would be when all the Christmas sales would start. Dubbed "Black Friday" because all the sales from that day put companies that were in the "Red" (deficit) before Friday, are now in the "Black" and showing a profit. Don't get me wrong. I like a good sale. But the absolute frenzy that these Black Friday Sales start are insane. I actually avoid the mall/shopping until after Christmas. I just don't think it is worth it to mingle with the unwashed masses at three am to get a DVD player for cheap. I don't need to fight with some crazed house frau over the last pair of merino wool gloves. I detest the thought of battling Bob the builder for the last Makita drill set. Nope. That is not my cuppa. I know some of my readers do participate in Black Friday sales. And all the luck to you for doing so. I admire your ability to overlook the stress and madness. It's just not for me. However, I would LOVE to hear some of your favorite stories from such adventures. What was the best deal you ever got? What was the most insane thing you saw people do to get a deal? Stuff like that. This year, like most years I do all my holiday shopping on line. It's so easy to be done in a couple of clicks, but I understand why people love the thrill of the hunt. Perhaps if I was buying makeup and perfume for everyone on my holiday list I might brave the stores. Oh can you imagine having a 70% off sale in the cosmetics department at Saks? Now THAT is something I would wake up at 2AM for!
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - None. I'm home sick. But yesterday I wore Chanel JC in Pink Explosion!
2. Do you participate in Black Friday Sales? (If you live outside of the US and don't have the pleasure of this madness, is there an equivalent sale that happens during the year?) - No. I don't participate...but I suspect that Americans are the only ones that do this sort of thing. I can't imagine Germans or Japanese waiting in line at 2AM to buy discounted stuff. Prove me wrong!
3. Do you have any makeup items you like to collect? - I love to collect Chanel JC Blushes. I used to collect Guerlain LE eyeshadow quads but I couldn't bring myself to use them and figured it was a waste. At least I wear the Chanel JCs.
4. What was the best deal you ever got on a beauty product? - When a store called Woodies was closing here they started to sell all remaining cosmetics and perfumes at a deep discount. I snatched up a bottle of Coco Chanel Perfume (not EDT or EDP) pure perfume for 70% off. I was gleeful! The SA included a bunch of testers and samples as extras too!
5. Latest beauty acquisition? - Murad Oil-Control Mattifier. It does not work for me. Which makes me sad sad sad.