Two nights ago I received an order from Sugarpill Cosmetics. I’m sure many of you have heard of Sugarpill, and for those of you that haven’t, I’ll be doing a review in the next couple of days of what I ordered. I realized something about myself, though, after I played with my Sugarpill goodies - despite being a beauty blogger, I am slow to hop on beauty bandwagons.
Seriously, I was probably the last person on Earth to try Sugarpill, just like I was the last person on Makeup Alley to try Fyrinnae (and we all know how absolutely in love with Fyrinnae I am now). I don’t know what it is about me, but I tend to stick to what I know and love - or hate, for that matter (a good example of this is Chanel: you couldn’t really pay me to buy their eyeshadows, no matter how many raves they may receive). It’s not that I am not into trying new things, really - I just cannot afford (both financially and emotionally) to be disappointed by makeup! I think my resolution for 2011 will be to try items from brands I haven’t tried yet.
Anyway, on to the poll!
- What was the last item or items you received in the mail? Well, like I said above, I got my Sugarpill order two nights ago. I ordered two of the Chromalust Loose Eyeshadows, Weekender (which I am splitting with a friend) and Lumi. A review on both of these should be up sometime next week.
- What makeup lines have you not tried yet? Let’s see, the ones that I haven’t yet tried but want to try are: Julie Hewitt, Jouer, Shiro Cosmetics, Kanebo Sensai, and La Prarie.
- What makeup lines have disappointed you lately? Well other than MAC (ugh, so pissed that the new Cham Pale paint pots are sparkly!), I have been sadly underwhelmed by YSL lately. This is especially painful since YSL used to be one of my favorite makeup lines! I am very hopeful, however, for the Spring eyeshadow quint - the colors look right up my alley!
- Do you have any fun plans for this weekend? Well, besides work I should be spending the better part of my weekend with my boyfriend. I know he bought us tickets to see Tron: Legacy in 3D IMAX for Saturday night. Oh, and Sunday I’m having dinner with my best friend. Also, the boyfriend and I have to find time to watch some “Seinfeld”!
- How are you surviving in this cold weather? I personally love winter, so I’ve been happily slathering myself in a crapton of lotion. I find that I have to wear 2-3 different facial moisturizers now, and I have to exfoliate my body more often, but otherwise, I’m ok!