The only thing I may love more than taupe eyeshadows and bacon is body lotion. Ok, that could be a lie. I love bacon more than life itself.
In any case, I am really a body lotion fiend. My chronically dry skin plus an obsessive love of boiling hot showers leaves me with scaly, flaky arms and legs. I pride myself on my skin (boys love to tell me I’m soft, ha!), so a good lotion is an absolute must for me.
I was given the opportunity to try Liz Earle’s Energising Body Lotion, and since I was out of my trusty Olay Quench, I thought the Liz Earle lotion would be worth a shot. We all know Elvira has positively swooned over Liz Earle’s skincare, so I thought the body care would be just as great.
The Energising Body Lotion contains a plethora of nineteen happy, skin-loving ingredients such as caffeine, avocado oil, vitamin E, and rose flower oil. Really, the list just goes on and on. Basically, this lotion claims to leave its wearer feeling smoother, firmer, and more toned with each application. But does that actually happen?
Well, let’s see:
- This lotion smells quite herbal, almost medicinal. Not a bad thing in my opinion, but I bet some wearers wouldn’t be pleased.
- The lotion is quite light, which I didn’t expect considering the amount of essential oils in it. It sinks into my skin quite quickly, but does leave a slight tacky feel at first. When the tackiness dries, my skin does in fact feel tighter! I started rubbing copious amounts of it onto my ass and upper arms when I noticed this (hey, at least I’m honest!). My upper arms even looked a bit tighter, but that could have been my delusional hopes. All in all, I was quite pleased with the tightening and firming effect - I felt more confident.
- This lotion did a very good job of calming a case of razor burn I had on my shins without stinging or further irritating my skin.
I have to say, I was and am quite pleased with the performance of this lotion. The only cons?:
- This isn’t the most moisturizing lotion ever. Considering the wintery NYC weather and my already abnormally dry skin, I needed more hydration than this provided my skin.
- This tube is kind of small for a body lotion! 5 fl. oz. is not big enough for me. Two weeks’ worth of daily usage (all over my body) emptied out most of this tube.
- This is somewhat pricey at $31USD. Granted, it’s effective but still - considering how quickly I used this tube, the price per usage is quite high.
So, can I recommend this? Hell yes, but not for wintertime usage. This would be the absolute best lotion for me in the spring and summertime, when lightweight moisture and tightening effects are necessary. However, this just isn’t doing it for me right now. Once tank top and miniskirt weather kicks in, I’ll be ordering another tube and giving this lotion a second try.