Darthypie will be Turning 4 next week. It's amazing how fast time has gone. Oh and Yes. I have seen that Volkswagon commercial with the kid in the Vader suit and Yes it does remind me of Darthypie a whole lot. I love it. So Birthday parties for kid where I live are very different from when I was growing up. First of all, most parties past the age of 1 are held at places like Chuck E Cheese, Moon Bounce Arenas, Karate Studios, or Fire Stations. Rarely if ever does a kid under the age of 5 have a party at their home. I don't know about you, but when I was a kid it was pin the tail on the donkey, musical chairs, a pinata (if you were lucky) and cake. Now it's Pizza and Cake and some sort of activity. Oh and what is also new. Kids were usually dropped off at my house and the parents came back for them later. Now the parents HAVE TO attend the party for the duration. That means enduring over an hour of top 40 music, or what is supposed to be music, screaming kids and making small talk with other parents. This is not what I signed up for. OK. I didn't sign up for anything, but still. It's insane. Oh, and the oddest part is that kids don't open presents in front of other kids. All the presents are corralled on a table then put into big plastic bags and loaded into the car of the birthday child. Really? I just spent $15 on a present for your kid. could you at least afford me the opportunity to see his reaction when he unwraps it? Nope. Now I could be a rebel. I could go against the status quo and have a party at home, have pin the tail on the donkey and open presents in front of everyone, but that would all be for me. And this party isn't about me. it's about Darthypie. If that's the style where we live and we can afford it, then I say let's do it. all my childhood memories don't have to be relived through my child. However, having talked with parents of kid who have older siblings, the "event" party usually goes away by age 5 or 6 and then only a select few are taken out to celebrate. Thanks goodness. Maybe I can even drop Darthypie off at a birthday party for an hour or so and get some retail therapy. That would be nice. But in the mean time. I'm in no hurry to have him grow up. Right now he still runs to greet me when I come home, tells me he loves me and wants to play with me. I'll enjoy it while I can, because I'm sure as soon as I can say teenager Darthypie will be 13 and embarrassed to be seen with me. (which is my goal in life anyway).
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - I'm wearing the blush from the Chantecaille Tiger In The Wild Palette. It's amazing how much pigment you can pick up by softly taping the blush brush on the pan. The color reminds me of a lighter Chanel JC In Love and a Darker Nars Orgasm Blush.
2. Were the bulk of your birthday celebrations as a child celebrated outside of the home? Did you open presents in front of everyone or save it until later? - Well as you ca see above mine were celebrated at home and presents were opened in front of everyone. And I liked it that way.
3. Do you consider the color of your clothes when choosing what makeup to wear? - I definitely do. I usually choose a cool or warm blush based on the outfit and that will dictate the kind of eye makeup I do as well. But since I wear mostly black and grey I can do whatever I like.
4. When is your birthday (Month and Day only)? And is there anything special you want this year fro your birthday? - Mine is July 2nd. I have a long list of stuff I want but it's all too expensive. If I had my druthers I would like a Cartier LOVE bracelet in platinum. I would even take one in 14K gold, but even the gold one is 6 thousand or something crazy like that. So I'll settle for a long weekend in NYC and a bottle of Cereus Pour Femme #3 perfume from Barney's.
5. What kind of HOOR are you (Lipstick, Eyeshadow, Foundation, Blush, Specific Color) and what was your most recent purchase in your HOOR category? - I'm definitely a taupe eyeshadow HOOR. But you knew that. My most recent purchase was a Wet n Wild Eyeshadow in Silent Treatment. After Reading Amy's review on Cafe Makeup I was sold!