I’m currently, once again, facing the perennial battle every makeup addict/blogger faces: what to do when he or she realizes that his/her stash is eating him/her alive.
My room has been taken over by eyeshadows, highlighters, and bright pink lip colors. I need someone to help me make sense of this. The other day I was digging for an eyeshadow I had reviewed here a few months back, and found about twenty eyeshadows I had either used once and forgotten about, or had never used and forgotten about. It was a major epiphany, considering how much money I have spent lately on makeup. I felt gluttonous, selfish, and mostly - incredibly disorganized.
Now I damn well know better than to say “Oh, I’ll just no-buy it for a while!” - I can’t do that right now. I’m at a bad place in my life right now and makeup has proven to be one of my biggest comforts. Can I low-buy, though? Sure! Besides, it’s about six weeks until my birthday and I have an unspoken rule that anything non-essential that I buy myself in the six-week period before my birthday has to be saved as a birthday gift to myself and not touched until June 17th. Also, I have realized that I truly need more storage space. I am planning on moving apartments by the end of the summer, but until then, I need me some sort of drawer system.
Eh, we’ll see. At the end of the day, I’m a blogger, and an aficionado, and a collector: life is too short to punish myself for pursuing something that makes me happy and keeps me looking pretty! The only real worry I should have is if my makeup really, literally starts eating me. Mutation, it’s only a good thing in the X-men/Marvel universe!
(Logan, you're the only mutant for me! Swoon!)
Now, onto the poll!
- Lip of the day?: Knowing me, it’s going to be NARS Schiap. Since I bought this lipstick, I can’t seem to put it down. A statement lip is a beautiful thing, and I love hot pink on me.
- Last book you read, and the next book you’re planning on reading?: I finished NARS Makeup Your Mind: Express Yourself this weekend and I am once again stunned at the genius that permeates Francois Nars. I have Turin and Sanchez’s “Perfumes: The A-Z Guide” and I’m a few pages in and loving their writing and obvious passion and knowledge.
- Latest makeup acquisition?: I was gifted a bottle of NARS Super Orgasm Illuminator by one of my closest friends who knows my love of makeup and NARS very well. I am in love with it, as I am in love with Copacabana Illuminator. Expect reviews of these soon.
- Random makeup related fact about you?: As addicted as I am to buying makeup in general, the one item I don’t buy often is bronzer. Weird, right?
- Random non-makeup related fact about you?: I have an abnormally good memory for people’s names...because I associate names with hair. I will forgot someone’s name if their hairstyle changes.