It is a few days after the official meteorological start of Summer and the Fall makeup collections are hitting the stores and blogs. Summer is the time of year when I am most in need of money as I tend to adore pretty much every Fall cosmetic collection out there. I have seen pics for Givenchy, Guerlain, Chanel, Armani and I have to say, I "NEED" something from each collection. I understand intellectually why designers release fall collections now, but honestly I just can't seem to wrap my head around deep red lips and pale white skin in the middle of Summer. I'm not one to tan, as you all know, but I certainly like to have some color on my face in the summer, if for no other reason then to blend in with the general population. Let's face it. I look like a vampire most of the time...sans pointy teeth. That doesn't mean I shun my undead albino brethren. Quite the contrary. I adore the "Vamp" look that Armani and Givenchy are pushing this fall. Let's face it, "True Blood" on HBO is extremely popular and the fact that Alexander Skarsgard is in it doesn't hurt.
But back to the subject at hand. Fall makeup? My Paleness? The Undead? I guess I really am all over the place today. It's all the new makeup I have and so little time to feature it to you all before it becomes old news (or sold out). I guess what I'm saying is, Both Joeybunny and I have a lot of things we want to post about but not enough time to do it...so if we feature something one day that is a little bit "old news" please forgive us, but remember, we're gonna make the review as fun, irreverent, absurd and interesting as possible because that's how we roll!
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel Joues Contraste in Caprice. I featured it already on the blog under Blushes You Can't Have...but I'm happy to say that at first looks the new Chanel JC in Rose Ecrin looks strikingly similar!
2. Any Fall 2011 makeup collections you are excited about? - I already listed some above, but I am also intrigued by the Becca Fall 2011 collection as well as the Lancome one!
3. Do you watch True Blood? If so, How excited are you for Sunday? If not, is it because you just don't care for Vampires, don't have HBO, don't have the time to watch, etc.? - Honestly, If I didn't have HBO I think I would still find a way to watch True Blood. Mr. Sith has only seen a few episodes from the 1st season!! He's gonna be sorry when I insist on watching the new episode every Monday night (because I just can't stay up that late to see it on Sunday night)!
4. Recent beauty acquisition(s)? - Most of Chanel fall creme eyeshadows, the 3 nail polishes (I'm wearing Peridot right now) and the Rose Ecrin blush!
5. Do you have enough hours in the day, week month or year? - No way. Time seems to be moving so fast lately. I hardly feel like I have time to do anything any more. Or perhaps in this digital age we live in there are more things to do, learn, see and hear. I think it's a combination.