A week or so ago I was alerted to a very suspicious auction on ebay. It seems the seller was selling one of those god awful Sally Hansen nail polish pens and had used my pictures (with my watermark) and my actual text from the review to sell this craptacular item. Normally I would be super pissed off that someone was STEALING my content. It's not enough that I stay up to all hours of the night editing photos and writing prose so hilarious that it will make a Supreme Court Judge laugh (<-- Not a fact), it's the reality that I do this because I love it and when someone steals my stuff it makes all my hard work for naught. But this case. This case was special. I didn't get pissed once I saw the auction. Well. Actually it was the fact that I gave this nail polish pen a bad review that I was stunned at how incredibly stupid one would have to be to use it to actually SELL the damn thing. My review was the antithesis of a commercial for Sally Hansen. Mind you I have used other SH product with much delight, but hey, even the best brands have a stinker or two in the mix. Either this seller had no firm grasp on reading comprehension, which happens more often that you would believe, or they couldn't read English, or the bastardized form of English that I attempt to communicate in. (<---See! I just ended the sentence with a preposition! and used too many exclamation marks pointing it out to you!!) So instead of reporting the auction to ebay, I decided to screw with the seller. A friend pointed out that the person didn't actually cut and past my review and images, they actually linked directly to my review. That meant that if I changed the image or replaced it, their auction would be altered as well. I could have been a real dick and replaced it with some pornographic troll like image. But I thought better of that and decided to alter one image by adding some text to it. This was the auction HERE. and here is my review of the Sally Hansen Nail Polish Pen. See what I did? See how I added the text? I thought it was sufficient enough to send a message and clean enough (minus the "douchebag" comment) to put on my blog and their e-bay listing. Next day I check the e-bay listing and the seller has closed the auction. MUWAHAHAHA. The fool must have looked at the picture I altered an decided to take down the whole auction. That pleased me to no end. Now I COULD go back and restore the photograph in MY REVIEW, but I think I'll leave it there, just as a fond memory of the complete idiocy that is able to survive in the world.
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel JC in Pink Explosion. This is so much lighter than Rose Tourbillon and a perfect bright pink for my otherwise drab clothing.
2. Have you ever purchased and/or sold stiff on e-bay (a.k.a. evilbay)? - Oh yes. Selling and buying. I did quite a lot of that many years ago. I remember buying things on ebay as far back as 1999/2000. Now, within the last year or more, I just am not interested. Some things I still look for, but there is so much fraud with fake cosmetics, shoes, purses etc. that I just as soon buy the real thing from somewhere else. Plus the seller fees are so high it's not even worth it to sell anymore.
3. Current Beauty Lemming? - Well after seeing The Beauty Look Book review and swatch of the Burberry Midnight Brown eyeshadow I knew I HAD TO HAVE IT! I would also like a new perfume, but not sure what to get...yet.
4. Have you ever had anything stolen from you? If so, what was it? - Oh boy. Let's see. I have had my Diamondback Mountain Bike stolen at college, I had a roommate that stole clothes and cash from me. I had someone steal my wallet once. I was living in London and put my jacket down for a second at a club and poof it was gone. Thankfully I was a poor college student so they didn't get much but my tube pass 40 quid and my ID. Oh and I had someone steal the Redskins Football car magnet from my car..while at a Redskins game!
5. Do you like nail polish pens, and have you found one that you really like? - I love the IDEA of the polish pens, but I have yet to find one that I like. I wish I had empty pens that I could load up with a little polish from my current manicure to take care of any chips that might occur during the day, before I can get home to fix it.