My darling husband, Mr. Sith, just showed me a picture of a business card someone had printed up. Some of you may have seen this card already....but here it is.
Effective, concise and well written...however the threat to vandalize a persons property might be a bit much...but I still like the idea behind it. There is even a website called www.youparklikeanasshole.com in which you can post photographs of egregious parking jobs, print out notices to put on poorly parked cars, even find out why you received a notice and get an explanation of your "crime" of parking like an asshole. Oh boy do I have some terrible parkers where I live. When every house frau under 5 feel 4 inches has a Chevy Suburban and insists on parking it as close to the grocery store as possible I feel the urge to leave a "notice" on their windshield letting them know that a) their Stupid Unnecessary Vehicle is not a compact car and b) just because you have a baby seat in your car does not give you permission to park in the "Expectant Mothers or Parents w/ Small Children" Parking spaces when YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR KID WITH YOU! But I'm a reasonable Sith. I know there are sometimes 2 at fault for horrendous parking. For example. The local shopping mall likes to boast that is has X number of parking spots. Whee. Who cares when each spot is smaller than the average car size and many of the cars that park there are the size of one spot and 1/4 of another spot. In other words. They made the spots smaller to boast about parking volume. So stupid. However. Where I live, in Virginia, they have a Concealed Carry law. That means if you take a gun safety course, are not a felon, not a drug dealer/addict, have mental health issues and a host of other requirements you can legally carry around a firearm on your person in a concealed manner. Oh and in VA you can carry a firearm on your person in an unconcealed manner without a permit. Yep.So that 5 foot 4 inch house frau in the Chevy Suburban might be packin' heat. That means if she seem me leaving a notice on her car AND she has a gun AND she's had a bad day AND she is mentally unstable, she just might shoot me. That is not cool. My solution. Park in another spot. Count to 10, do some deep breathing and go on with my life. There are worse things in this world than having to walk a few extra feet to go to a store...but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy reading notes left by other people or enjoy looking at pictures of bad parking jobs!
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel JC in Rose Ecrin. So wonderful I wrote a poem about it!
2. Have you ever left a note on a poorly parked car? - Not in the last 10 years but I did once. After a blizzard hit and over 24 inches of snow fell, I managed to dig out my car from the on street parking and put down cones (LIKE THE REST OF MY NEIGHBORS WERE DOING) to "hold" my spot while I drove to the nearest grocery store to pick up food and cat litter. Well when I returned some jerk had moved one of the cones out of the way and parked ON TOP OF the other cone and taken my spot. Now in all fairness, I had no legal claim to that "spot" and it was technically illegal for me to block a spot on a public road...but STILL. That was a dick move. Anyone that has lived in a place with on street parking and a lot of snow, knows the unwritten rule of not parking in spots that have been freshly shoveled out and marked off. After I spent the next hour looking for a place to park, I used some colorful language in my note.
3. What makeup brand are you must interested in trying next? - Koh Gen Do cosmetics. I read some reviews on The Beauty Look Book and I'd like to try out the foundation, lipstick and maybe some skin care!
4. Now that fall is here, do you have any fun things planned for the weekend (Spring for those in the lower part of the hemisphere)? - Obviously Halloween is going to be fun, but I hope to get out to Mt. Vernon (George Washington's home) for the Fall Harvest & Family Days which has hay rides, tours of the house and 16 sided barn, and a maze for the kids!
5. Crackle Nail Polish: Yay / Nay / OMGWTFBBQ? - I'll go for the Oh My God What The F*ck B!tch Be Quiet! Hate it. Hated it in the 80's. Hate it now. Can' wait for the trend to die. Bring On The Magnetic Nail Polishes B!TCHES!