According to Harold Camping, the end of the world will be on October 21, 2011. Yes. This Friday. Oh and he also says that if you are planning on trying to"save your soul" before the 21st, it's too late. Camping claims that God closed the books on souls to be saved on May 21st of this year. May 21st sound familiar to you? Well it should. that day was the ORIGINAL end of the world, according to Camping. However, when 5PM Eastern Standard Time came and went, we were all still here and no one had been swept up to heaven, Camping included, he revised his prophesy and said that May 21st was a "warning" and that God was a comin' fer us in 5 months. Oh and by the way, Harold Camping predicted the end of the world back in 1994 as well. Now I seriously doubt that the end of the world will be this Friday, but It did get me thinking about what I would do, if I had some significant warning, if I was sure the world was going to end. Gluttony came first to my mind. I would eat like there was no tomorrow..because hey, there really was going to be no tomorrow. The finest cuisines from around the world would be put in my belly. Great wines, would be drunk, great cakes would be eaten and great roasts would be roasted. But once I have eaten everything there is to eat, then what would I do? Buying clothes and jewelery and makeup seems silly if I don't ave time to wear it all. So I thought. I would travel. I would travel to the most beautiful place on earth and hey, if it's gonna end, might as well be someplace pretty to watch the destruction, right? I'm thinking Fiji or Bora Bora. Some place in the South Pacific for sure.
I mean, look at these places!
Underwater hotel room? Yes please!
I can just smell the salt air by looking at this picture.
So nice you have to say it twice!
I could ring in the end of days with this view.
Am I being rude by mocking this end of days thing? Maybe. But it won't really matter if Harold Camping is right. It's too late to be "saved" and nothing I do now will change anything.
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Fresh - Sugar Honey Tinted Lip Treatment. I was in a hurry this morning.
2. If you were given 2 weeks to get your affairs in order before the world ended what would you do? - See above. Gluttony, Sloth, Lust, and probably some Avarice.
3. Since were on the subject of the end of things, What beauty item(s) are you most happy to have purchased before it was discontinued? - My Shu ME Silver 945 eyeshadow and my Club Monaco Pink Brown lipliner (RIP).
4. If you were given 2 hours to get your affairs in order before the world ended what would be one or some of your biggest regret(s)? - I would regret not seeing Darthypie grow up, Not being able to grow old with Mr. Sith, not being able to watch the Washington Capitals Win The Stanley Cup, and never going to Fiji and/or Bora Bora.
5. What beauty item(s) do you most regret not purchasing before it was discontinued? - The MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator (the old version) I wish I had purchased MORE of this. I also wish I had purchased every special edition Guerlain Meteorite compact ever released.