Today I bring you a very special episode of the Thursday Poll!
Since today is the end of the month, that means that it’s time for the June edition of BLUSHES YOU CAN’T HAVE! If you recall, last year Elvira and I brought you TAUPES YOU CAN’T HAVE!, because we’re sadistic bitches and we like to show you all pretty things that you can’t have. This year, we’re doing blushes: January was Chanel Joues Contraste in Poesie; February was MAC powder blush in Afterdusk; March was Shu Uemura Sakura Glow-On; April was Inoui ID blush in PK-1; and May was Chanel Joues Contraste in Turbulent.
Today also happens to be Thursday, which means that it’s poll time! What’s a bunny to do, then, when she’s faced with so many blog responsibilities? COMBINE THEM, DUH! It’s kind of like when the Power Rangers would come together to form that Megazord thing.
(Ah, I miss the 90s!)
Anyhoo, on to today’s poll!
1) Blush of the day?: Well, I’m wearing the much beloved, much coveted, and now discontinued Wet ‘n Wild blush in Naive.
I’ll never understand why Wet n’ Wild discontinued this color (it was discontinued before the brand’s entire overhaul), because this was - in my (not so) humble opinion - their best blush. The color is hard to describe: not quite orange, not quite pink, but not quite coral. Ok, maybe coral would be the best descriptor, but still - there is a decidedly melon edge to Naive.
(Mr. Octopus Ring was one of my birthday presents from Elvira!)
Whatever, the color is ridiculously gorgeous and flatters literally every single imaginable skin tone. Oh, and Naive is one of the most insanely pigmented blushes ever.
(Unblended swatch on top, blended swatch on bottom)
I have to use a skunk brush when applying it, or else I get way, way too much color on my face. Nobody likes a clown face. Clowns are scary.
2) Your favorite drugstore blush(es)?: Well, the Wet n’ Wild ones for sure! They retail for around $3USD (crap, I should have bought like twenty Naives!) and they’re ridiculously pigmented. I love Pearlescent Pink (which was not discontinued and exists in the new, revamped line), and I adore the MegaGlo powders (which have 5 stripes of color) - I own three of those, and Rock n’ Rose is my favorite.
3) Your favorite high-end blush(es)?: Oh, easy - NARS! I also do love the MAC blushes, but the LE ones are always my favorite. But NARS blushes are so dependable. I love both the powder and cream formulas. My two favorites are Penny Lane (cream) and Madly (powder).
4) Your favorite blush brush?: What a hard question! Hm, if I had to choose, probably my MAC 109.
5) If you could have your dream blush made (color, texture, formula, finish), what would it be and what brand would make it for you?: I’d want NARS to make me a shimmery taupe-brown cream blush.