I'm competitive. I didn't realize how competitive I was until I started playing Trivial Pursuit with Mr. Sith shortly after we were married. Boy was I getting pissed when he got questions right and I got them wrong. I was mad when his roll of the die was luckier than mine. Watching the number of pie pieces grow in his game piece made my blood boil. I realized. I do not like to lose. Well who does, really? But for some reason I get really, really, competitive over things I perceive that I am "good at". Trivia, Scrabble, Crossword Puzzles, Sudoku, Words With Friends (WWF). Oh My gods. Don't get me started on words with friends. I used to play scrabble on my phone all the time, against the computer none the less. I usually won! I do crossword puzzles in INK! I thought that I would SLAUGHTER on Words With Friends. Nope. I have lost most of my games. I thought my great knowledge of Crosswords would help. Nope. It won't do jack squat when the only letters I have are A A I I O Q L and most of the board is blocked off by cross crossing words that I can't add to. And let me talk about what WWF thinks are acceptable words. Some of the words they accept are NOT FREAKIN WORDS! And some of the words I try to use, WWF tells me they are not words. SO not fair! So anyway. I don't get as upset losing to some friends on Facebook as I do losing to Mr. Sith. Why? Because he is just as competitive as me! He is not as bad as me but he is still competitive. Sometimes I let my crazy competitive side take over too much and it starts to seep into things that I don't need it to....like blogging. I know beauty blogging is competitive. I know there are tricks to getting more readers, more press samples, more exposure. I know that for some, blogging is a full time job. Those beauty bloggers have time to write, take photos, build relationships with brand reps, engage in social media, etc. Some times I start to get down because I see some blogs get better numbers than me or get better PR or get mentioned in magazines and I'm not getting those things. That's not because I think they don't deserve it. They do! It's because I forget why I really started to blog in the first place. I did this so that I could write. Write in my own style, deliver something more than the "clinical review". I did this not to get famous or get money or get "free stuff". (I wrote for a few years before I even started to get press samples.) I did this because I have a passion for writing and a passion for cosmetics, and the second I lose that passion for either one and only focus on the money or PR or numbers I have truly lost. I'm not saying that bloggers that focus on those things have lost. Not at all. I'm saying that for ME, for my own goals, that would be losing. I realize that not everyone is going to like the way I write. Not everyone is going to appreciate reading paragraphs of text only to find that my actual review of a product is at the end of the post. I'm cool with that. That's why people that read and appreciate this blog mean so much to me. They "get it"! and by them "getting it" they "get me" and they even see the "inappropriate use of quotation marks" in this post and find it amusing. They realize that makeup doesn't have to be so "serious"...I realize that makeup doesn't have to be so serious. I realize that what I do, as a hobby, is FUN! And by realizing all that, I have WON! ....of course to get mentioned in a magazine would be fun too!
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel Blush Horizon de Chanel. I have to use a light hand with this well pigmented blush. It's so pretty tho. I think it would look good on almost anyone.
2. Do you play Words With Friends or any other sort of online games? - I do. I play WWF, poorly. If I had time I would probably play Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPGs).
3. Have you used up any beauty products recently? Did you replace them? - Yes and yes and no. I used up a Dior Toner but replaced it with one from Korres. I used up an entire MAC MSF but I have a back up of the same color. I used up my LMdB Concealer but I have so many other concealers I don't plan to replace any until I run out completely.
4. Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it? - Mine is beauty blogging...I don't really have any other hobbies. I guess before I blogged my hobby was baking. I loved cake decorating and making cookies and such...but it was too easy to eat my work.
5. What product would you immediately hoard if you found out that it was going to be discontinued? - There are sooo many, but because I want to be able to use it for ever and ever and I don't want to run the risk of it drying up, spoiling or turning bad I'll have to go with a powder product and that product would be.........Le Metier de Beauty eyeshadow in Corinthian.