I'm impatient. I have always been impatient. I want it all. I want it now. I resemble Veruca Salt in that aspect (Willy Wonka reference). For example, books. George R. R. Martin has been writing the books in the series A Song Of Ice And Fire for many years. I managed to read all the books in a matter of months. Now I sit....waiting for his next book. Now I get to endure the torture of waiting and waiting and waiting for his next novel to come out. It might take YEARS before I see it. Robert Kirkman writes The Walking Dead comic series. I just finished the Trade publication #15 yesterday. Now I may have to wait up to a year before I can read #16. (Trade is the monthly comic book all put together for a single story arc. The Walking Dead comes out every month, a trade is usually released every year or so.) I was reading a book series by author Mira Grant. (Zombies, of course) Feed and Deadline were the first 2 books. There is a 3rd. but it's not scheduled for release until June. And you know what? Those "release dates" are total BS. It could be NEXT JUNE if Ms. Grant isn't ready. TV Shows. Justified is having their Season Finale next week. I'll have to go a whole season without being able to see Timothy Olyphant (my TV husband.). Don't get me started on The Walking Dead TV show, I'm gonna have to wait for that as well. Even worse, Fringe is in jeopardy of being cancelled! I don't know what I will do if I can't ever see that show again. True Blood, Dexter, The Borgias, Game Of Thrones (at least those last two have started again.) It's no fun to wait. I wonder where this impatience comes from. I blame Technology (like any good Luddite would do). Microwave Ovens, DVRs, FiOs Internet connections, everything can be ready at a moment's notice. I'm so spoiled by the microwave oven that I get impatient waiting 4 minutes for a frozen dinner to cook. I remember BEFORE the time of microwaves. Frozen Dinners took 30-50 minutes to cook. It sucked. I have learned to be patient with my son, Darthypie. I give him time to explore, question, play...unless we need to get somewhere and he's fooling around and won't get in the car, then I get impatient. Before I had Darthypie I was patient with my dog Floydiepie. I would wait while he sniffed everything along our walks. I still wait, but now if he lingers too long I do kind of nudge him along. Yup. Everything technology has done for us, is to make our lives easier, and by easy that means faster. I shudder to think how impatient the generations after me are. Actually I know how impatient they are. People at work that are in their mid 20's expect to be the Sr. VP of their division in a few years, without putting in their time. Darthypie practically has a meltdown (hyperbole) if he has to sit through an actual commercial rather than fast forwarding it. Everyone drives like it's the Indy 500 on the roads around here, people even talk faster than they used to. I wonder if we will ever slow down. Will we take the time to write a letter any more rather than text? Will we walk instead of run to the store? Will we still sit through commercials? I hope not for that last one. I hardly watch anything live now a days anyway, and you have to admit, fast forwarding through commercials is pretty awesome!
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - The 1st Red in my Yagolicious Smooches Palette mixed with the 3rd Red in the same palette. Result = Warmer red but not too bright.
2. The Titanic sank 100 years ago this month. In observance of that terrible event, my question to you is: Have you ever been on a cruise? - Nope. Although I would like to go on one some day. (Regardless of the Norovirus and sinking issues)
3. Next planned beauty purchase? - The 2 new Chanel Joues Contraste Blushes!!! (Tumulte & Malice) Of course. If it's a Chanel JC Blush, I NEED IT!
4. If you could only paint your nails one color for the rest of your life, what would it be? - As much as I would like to say Silver Hologram (and yes. I really love Silver Hologram) I'm going to say Zoya Adina, because whenever I wear it I get so many compliments....and it is really beautiful!
5. What is your favorite exotic animal (No Dogs, Cats, Bunnies, Gerbils, etc.) - Wombat! Hands down. a) It's a fun word to say WOMBAT! and b) they are so freakin' cute! Of course they are wild animals and are pretty nasty creatures, but I still want to cuddle one (whilst wearing protective gear)
|the late Steve Irvin with Wombat.|