The other day a woman was finally arrested after she had faked having cancer in order to get a lavish wedding donated to her. Thousands of dollars were donated to give this woman a dress, reception, rings, flowers, a HONEYMOON in Aruba...and it was all for a lie. She was eventually discovered and is now in jail...but hey, she got her dream wedding, right? On Pintrest, there must be a million boards full of ideas for weddings, dresses, rings, bouquets, etc. It seems like may women focus on their dream wedding, whether they are engaged or not. A wedding is something many little girls dream about from the time they can walk and play dress up. Many women already have the theme of the wedding, the colors, the flowers, the hair, the reception, the music all picked out. All they need is the groom to make it happen. I'm not talking about this subject to make fun of women who do this. I have done this myself. Well before I met Mr. Sith, I had decided what I wanted for my wedding. I knew I wanted it in the fall, I knew I wanted the bridesmaids to have burgundy dresses, I knew the type of flowers I wanted; Calla Lilies, White for me and burgundy & yellow for the bridesmaids. But something, may women overlook, and what that terrible woman that faked cancer overlooked, was that the wedding is just one day. The marriage is much longer...maybe even a lifetime. I had my dream wedding all planned out, except for a few minor things that were beyond my control. What were the minor things? Oh well, The wedding was in North Carolina instead of where Mr. Sith and I lived in DC, I had been laid off from my job 2 months earlier, oh and it was 4 days after 9/11 when the entire world fell apart. Oh yeah. Mr. Sith and I were married 4 days after the Twin Towers fell, after part of the Pentagon was demolished and after thousands of people died. (My comment above about a minor thing not going right for my wedding is sarcasm) Yes. We went through with the wedding, even though the entire nation was still in shock form this terrible event. We joked that we had the wedding because if we didn't the Terrorists would win. I think we needed to have that wedding when we did. We needed to bring family and friends together to show that there is hope, that there is still love even though these terrorists wanted us to be scared. Sure, I had to do without a few things because of the terrorist attack on the US. My flowers didn't come because they were being flown in and most if not all flights were cancelled. 1/2 of the guests, mostly my relatives, couldn't make the trip because they either lived in New York and couldn't get out of town or they lived outside of the country and the borders were closed to foreign travelers. Many people that were supposed to fly into the wedding, had to drive in, if they chose to do so. There wasn't a lot of dancing at the reception, people were too shell shocked from the attacks to dance. I was so stressed and depressed over what had happened I barely ate and lost so much weight my dress hung loosely on me...but you know what? Despite the terrible and tragic events, despite not having my flowers, my guests, my dress fitted properly, it was a wonderful wedding. My dream was to marry Mr. Sith, and I accomplished that. The wedding was lovely, the cake was delicious and Mr. Sith and I were married. That's the end goal, right? To be married? Sometimes I think some of these women that go so crazy over their weddings don't have that goal in mind. They can only see the wedding, and not the marriage. So for those of you planning a wedding, have fun planning, but don't forget that AFTER the wedding, AFTER the honeymoon, there is a marriage to work on. Marriage is a lot more difficult to make a dream come true than planning any wedding...but so rewarding.
P.S. I still love looking at bridal magazines and wedding boards on Pintrest.
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel Joues Contraste in Malice! Love this blush so much. I have worn it three times this week.
2. What's your least expensive yet most effective beauty tip/product? - Baking Soda. I love using it with a cleanser as a facial scrub, it's great for teeth whitening, I use it in the bath to make the water feel silky and it's great on mosquito bites mixed w/ a little rubbing alcohol.
3. Do you have a dream wedding planned? Did you have a dream wedding? Do you like weddings? Do you even think about weddings? - Yes. I still have a dream wedding planned. It's still with Mr. Sith and it's in VEGAS baby! I wanted to elope but Mr. Sith insisted on a wedding. WHAT? I know, right!
4. What is one makeup trend you never understood. - The Pale glossy frosty lips with the dark lip liner. I call this porn star lips. I never understood it and never really liked it.
5. The mega millions jackpot has been won, but we all know you fantasized about winning it. What would be the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery? - Perfume! Of course Makeup too. But only because that would be the instant gratification purchase. I would buy a huge house with a really awesome back yard & a pool.