Sorry that posting of this poll is late. I've had almost no sleep. Little Darthypie is very sick. He has a fever and has to be on a nebulizer for the next 4-5 days. Terrible cough and wheezing and stuff. Thankfully he has the medicine he needs and he's always in good spirits and he rarely gets sick. Seriously. I think I'm blessed because he doesn't seem to get many major illnesses. I think he has had the flu...never and a fever maybe one a year...if that. I think it's because my house is so messy. What? Yes. I think that because he lives in a messy house his immunity is stronger than those kids that live in a uber clean house. I really don't think that, I'm just joking. Actually, that's what I wanted to talk about. Joking. My sense of humor is not for everyone. I get that. I don't even show you my real sense of humor because, well, I'm pretty sure I would offend 70% of you. I have a really dark sense of humor. That's not to say that I don't take many social issues very seriously, it's just to say that I can make fun of things that are terrible, because if I were to really dwell on what is terrible in this world I would be severely depressed/angry/psychotic. People with really a dark sense of humor are some of the most caring, empathetic and emotional people I have ever met. That being said, there is a time and place for all humor. Have I offended people on this blog, on Facebook and twitter? Yes. Am I sad about it? Yes. I never set out to offend anyone. I once offended a reader with a Facebook status. I felt bad that she was offended. I really did. She said she just couldn't follow me on Facebook any more and I understood and respected that. You see, having an opinion contrary to mine is perfectly OK. This reader was actually surprised when I e-mailed her back with an apology and an "I understand" message instead of a biting "Eff You!" response. I would never do that. Why should I? I had another reader tell me that I used too many curse words in my blog posts and it was offensive to her. I wrote her back and apologized and said I would try to avoid using them in the future. I still slip up now & then, but I do try to avoid using curse words as much as I can. She was cool with that. Did I joke about it later personally between a friend? Sure. But not in any malicious way. It was more so to joke about what a dirty mouth I had than to joke about someone being offended by my dirty mouth. It's not funny when I offend people. I take no joy in it. But I like to see the humor in things because life is too short to be so darn serious all of the time. There are some people I know that seriously need to lighten up. I don't say "Lighten up" flippantly. I mean, they are so dang serious about things, that I think that they would be a lot happier if they didn't take everything so seriously all of the time. But that's just me. Maybe they enjoy being so serious. Batman is pretty serious. I bet he's a real delight at parties...not. Some people take the Internet very seriously.
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Fresh Sugar Passion Lip Treatment. I'm wearing a red top and I wanted a red lip but not too bold because that would be overkill for work.
2. Favorite beauty and fashion trend of the moment? - The fresh dewy clean skin look. That means more options of tinted moisturizers, foundations and BB creams. I love me some foundations.
3. It's probably going to rain this weekend where I live, so what is your favorite rainy day activity? - Watching movies and/or baking! And by baking I mean scones, cookies and cakes. I might have to try out one of those fattening recipes I have pinned on my Pinterest FOOD board. Of course I only have 28 pins on that board and most of them are for how to make chicken but I guess I can start pinning today! (oh before I had Darthypie, my favorite rainy day activity was playing w/ makeup)
4. What's your least favorite nail polish color? - Yellow. It just looks bad on me. I can't even bring myself to buy one to try it out again. I just don't wanna. Oh and anything crackle (I know crackle is not a color)
5. Do you know any jokes? Can you tell me one? - What do you call a fly without any wings?................. A Walk! Get it? A walk!!! *tap tap tap* Hello? Is this thing on?