I really love road trips. In the US, long drives in the car are a way of life. The country is rather large and since our rail system is so inferior when compared to Europe or Japan, Americans resort to driving in cars. Mr. Sith and I love road trips together. We went on a road trip from San Francisco to LA for our honeymoon. I love eating at local restaurants, exploring small towns, listening to music in the car, talking about anything and everything. That is used to love road trips...until I had the bright idea to bring my dog Floydiepie on a recent 10 hour road trip to visit family. It didn't help that Darthypie is 5 years old and much better at verbalizing his displeasure with having to sit in a car seat for 10 hours. Not one hour and 24 minutes into our 10 hour drive did Darthypie ask the universal question: "Are We There Yet?". This kid had a DVD player, coloring books, toys, snacks, video games, you name it, and he was bored one hour and 24 minutes into the drive. Ugh. If he only knew how boring long drives in the car used to be when I was growing up. Of course I wasn't strapped into a car seat. In fact I wasn't strapped in at all. (Lucky for me I wasn't in a car accident.) But the dog. the dog was the bigger problem. We couldn't stop in restaurants because we couldn't leave the dog in the car. It was way too hot. In cooler weather we could have (and have) done this. Rest stops were frequent as we really don't want Floydiepie to pee in the car and well...he's an English Bulldog. He's gassy all. the. time! Thank goodness the dog tried to sleep most of the time...he didn't really sleep as much as he just laid down. but I'm good with that. For the most part our two little travelers (Darthypie and Floydiepie) were excellent during the long trip but it still wasn't super fun happy family time. Here are a few things I learned from my trip.
- No matter how many movies, games, toys, snacks you bring, your kid will ask Are we there yet? about 4,959,057 times.
- Dogs that fart in the house will fart in a car. The smell from that fart will be amplified 4,959,057 times.
- There are only 2 Sonics between my home and my family's home
- Sonic Milkshakes are not the be all end all that I thought they would be
- Everyone speeds on the highways, except for the one car you happen to be behind and cannot pass
- Everyone is an idiot and should stay off the roads when I'm driving
- Cops scare the living crap out of me when I'm only going 5 miles above the speed limit
- Beef Jerky makes an excellent snack
- I never want to eat at a fast food restaurant for another 5 years.
- Satellite Radio, iPads and portable DVD players are awesome inventions and I love them very much
So yes. I survived the long drive. I will do it again, (probably without the dog just so I can eat something that isn't fast food on the road) and There's no place like home.
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick in Incognito #316. It's more pink on me than in the photos I took. I think the lip liner made it look warmer.
2. Do you go on road trips? Do you like them? - Yes and Yes
3. Current beauty lemmings? - about 3 different Armani ETKI shadows, the new Guerlain Rouge G L’Extrait from the Fall 2012 collection, The Chantecaille Limited Edition Safari Collection L'Elephant Palette,
4. Where was the last place you visited? - Western North Carolina
5. Have you or do you plan on returning any makeup/beauty products lately? - I plan on returning the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. It did nothing for me and at $52 an ounce it better do SOMETHING!