I think I have been transported to an alternate universe, where Up is Down and Left is Right. This morning I saw a guy driving his personal vehicle to work whilst stuffing an Egg McMuffin in his face like it was his first meal in weeks. Then on the back of his car was a bumper sticker that was advertizing the diet "drug" Sensa. Seriously. You are advertizing a diet system while eating McDonalds? Then the other day I see Givenchy has brand new sunglasses for Fall 2012. Wanna see them?
|images from eyewear-magazine.com|
Oh that's right. There is a mink fur bar running across the top of the frames. The fur bar is detachable and the glasses retail for 699 Euro or approximately $900 USD. MINK SUNGLASSES?!? Seriously? Now I'm not 100% anti fur. I believe wearing fur is useful if you live in Siberia or the Arctic Circle or near The Bering Sea. It gets cold enough that fur is actually helpful in keeping you warm and protected, but those places...not many people live there. Wearing fur in, let's say, Dallas, TX is asinine. No one should kill a mink to look fashionable. No matter how incredibly soft and luxurious it feels. Seriously. Minks are so incredibly soft. I can understand the attraction to slaughtering them, skinning them, curing the hides and them sewing them into a coat to wear in a place where the temperature drops to almost 40 degrees Fahrenheit. I get it. But I personally prefer not to do that. I do wear leather and I do eat meat. I'm not opposed to wearing leather and eating meat. So sue me, I'm a hypocrite. But my POINT is, that this "fashion look" is utterly demented. If I didn't see it on an actual fashion website and see it released by Givenchy PR myself, I would have thought this was a joke. Sure, the mink will keep your forehead slightly warm, nut a) you don't need to warm your forehead and b) you look like you have a furry uni-brow like Bert from Sesame Street!
Have we completely run out of ideas for what to do with sunglasses that we are now slaughtering tiny minks so we can look like a MUPPET?! Really Givenchy?...Really? Ugh So disgusted. It's just wrong and Stupid. I bet you some celebuslut will be pictured wearing them some time soon. Let's talk about the price too! $900 USD? Really? For SUNGLASSES THAT ME ME LOOK LIKE FRIDA KAHLO?
Have the rich people in this world lost their marbles? Why would you waste your money on something this inane and absurd? Now trust me. I'm pretty open minded when it comes to fashion. I am accepting of all sorts of unusual looking fashion simply because it is art and unique. But these sunglasses cross the line from unique to ludicrous. Can you imagine the pitch meeting for this product?
Givenchy: "OK Ricardo Tisci, what do you have for Givenchy eye wear for Fall 2012?"R. Tisci: "I have the most preposterous idea in the whole world."Givenchy: "Umm preposterous?"R. Tisci: "Yes!" "I propose that we add a bar of mink fur to the top of otherwise dull sunglasses to juj it up!"Givenchy: "I see." "I'm not sure if..."R. Tisci: "We can charge 699 Euros for them."Givenchy:"EXCELLENT! Get to work!"
So the moral to the story, When in doubt, the reason is usually money.
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel JC in Fleur de Lotus. OMG if you don't have this blush yet you NEED it. Such a perfect peach. It brightens my whole face. I really should review it.
2. What is your take on the Givenchy sunglasses above? - You know my opinion. However, I promise not to judge you if you think they look cool. I swear. I'd be interested to read differing opinions.
3. What is one of the most ridiculous makeup products you have ever seen? - Oh so many. But I'm partial to the press on eyeshadows. They are basically powder shadow infused to a piece of paper that you press on to your eye and they are supposed to give you leopard eyes or zebra eyes or whatever.
4. Random unrelated question: How tall are you? - I'm 5' 6 1/2" but I wish I was slightly taller Like 5'8"
5. What are you waiting on in the mail? - That PaloVia laser thing and a Clarins creme blush from Strawberrynet.com.