I still remember my kindergarten teacher folding my plastic Tinkerbell wings to fit in my cubby and in the act of doing so, she managed to break them and the were cut in half. What did that stupid woman insist on putting those wings, that obviously couldn't fit in a cubby, inside the cubby? She ruined my Halloween costume. I was freakin TINKERBELL! With my Tinkerbell wings broken I was just some stupid kid in a lime green leotard with frilly accents. The Tinkerbell wing debacle happened over 3 decades ago, yet I still remember it like it was yesterday. Halloween has never been the same. Kindergarten was never the same. Speaking of which, Darthypie is in Kindergarten now. Can you believe he is so old now? But Kindergarten in the 1970's versus the 2010's is VERY different. As to be expected. I'm happy that Darthypie has computers in the classroom, a more diversified curriculum and all that, but the one thing I'm not to thrilled about....the hours. You see Kindergarten, where I live is only a half day. Actually, less than a half day, three hours to be exact. THREE! How any child can get some learning in, in only 3 hours is beyond me. Seems like a total waste of time, but whatever, what do I know. Obviously he is learning, He can read a few words and his counting is better. but 3 hours? Lame. Of course if my Kindergarten was only 3 hours I wouldn't have had broken Tinkerbell wings and broken dreams of being Tinkerbell when I grew up. I vaguely remember Kindergarten. I know we had naps. I LOVED naps! I remember reading and being scolded for working ahead in my workbook. I remember not much else. I suppose the Tinkerbell wing incident made me block the rest of those horrible images from my mind. It's probably a protective measure. I'm not completely clear if Darthypie will be allowed to dress up at school for Halloween. I think he will, but then again, maybe not. He wants to go as a Jawa. Mr. Sith made him a costume where the eyes light up, he has a really cool blaster that Mr. Sith custom Modified and it's a pretty cool costume, if I do say so myself.
|Gratuitous Photo of Darthypie #1|
But now I worry that something will happen, and some teacher will try to force his costume into a cubby that's isn't big enough and the whole thing will break. You see. I'm scarred from the whole Tinkerbell incident. I'll try to be strong, and not show Darthypie my concern. I'll try to act very "casual" about the whole Halloween dress up and not mention that horrible incident that haunts me to this day. I will be strong for him. What's that? He now wants to be Boba Fett?
|Gratuitous Photo of Darthypie #2|
Oh well heck. That costume was from a store and can't really be broken because it's all fabric and a helmet. Sweet. Disaster Averted!
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - YSL Rouge Volupté Perle 104 Stellar Pink. It's a nice neutral slightly frosty pink. I hate the scent of it, but it's an "emergency" lipstick I keep at work in case I forget to bring one with me...like today.
2. What was your favorite Halloween costume (Or any dress up costume, if you don't celebrate Halloween) as a kid? - Tinkerbell. See horrific story above.
3. Urban Decay is having their annual Friends & Family event through this Saturday the 13th of October. (Using code: FFHOLIDAY12) Are you planning (or have you already) on picking anything up? - I was, but I'm not sure if I will. I can always use a back up 24/7 Liquid Waterproof liner in Perversion, but I have a back up that I haven't opened yet. I might pass.
4. Have you ever been to a Halloween Themed Haunted House or its non Halloween equivalent? - Nope. I'd like to go to one, but they don't really have them where I live, as far as I know.
5. Name a cosmetic brand that you remember but has been discontinued (Kinda like the wings of my Tinkerbell costume, the company folded.) - Oh so many, because I'm so old. But I'll do one really old one. Flame Glow. And a more recent one. Club Monaco.