I have writer's block. I have no idea what to write about for this week's Thursday Poll. When this happens I usually start out writing like this and hope something will come to me in the midst of complaining about writers block and whammo I have a Thursday Poll. But today...no such luck. Now I could totally phone n a poll and just make up some crap or some such nonsense, but feel like I OWE you a real hart felt rant. Now just right there I thought I could do a whole poll about swearing and how curse words are very much part of my daily dialogue, but then I remembered that there are some people that read this blog that don't appreciate all the swear words and I really don't want to upset them. Then I remember my friend that went with me to get the Le Metier de Beaute facial. She never swears. Like never. She gave it up for Lent one year and has never gone back. I feel weird swearing in front of her because she never does it. Then I start to think that she is really missing out because saying SH*T really loudly when the Washington Redskins former kicker, Billy Cundiff misses an easy field goal is very satisfying. Or saying a big F*CK YOU to the guy that cuts you off in traffic and nearly causes an accident, that is the only response I think I know that will diffuse my stress. There are so many swear words out there that are just fun to say. D**CH*BAG! There are hundreds of variations on D**CH*BAG. There is D**CH*NOZZLE, D**CH*CANOE, THUNDERD**CH*etc. Then there is *SS, Like *SSH*L*, *SSHAT, *SSFACE, *SSWIPE, etc. I like creative combinations of swear words. They make me laugh. Like D**CH*CANOE is a great one. Like what they heck is a D**CH*CANOE and what would it look like and why would someone get that moniker? It's interesting. I can't swear at work and I can't swear in front of Darthypie, so when he goes to bed I swear a lot. I think I swear more than Mr. Sith. I know I swore a lot in College. My Theater teacher said I could make a Sailor blush...which I took as a compliment. I liked to swear, plus that teacher always cast me in the most ridiculous roles so I was usually swearing at him. Now I know some think that people who swear have a limited vocabulary and are unintelligent. But I beg to differ. I think it takes a profoundly substantial vernacular to come up with expletives that are germane to the incident, person or action. See what I did there? Plus Mythbusters confirmed a myth that swearing increases people's tolerance to pain. So swearing is THERAPEUTIC! How awesome is that? OK. Well I guess my writer's block has been conquered by the mighty curse word. As it F*CK*NG should be!
On to the M*TH*ERF*CK*NG Poll!
1. Lip Of the Day? - Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stain in #12 as shown here in a Makeup Wars Favorite Summer Lippie challenge.
2. Do you swear? If Not, why? If so, how often? - Yes. And Pretty much any time I'm not in front of co-workers or my kid. And when I'm on like like g-chat I swear a ton.
3. Have you ever had a favorite makeup item get discontinued? If so, what was your reaction? - Yes, many times. At first I was like F*CK! Then I was all, let me see if I can find some on-line and hoard it.
4. If you do swear what is your favorite swear word or phrase? If you don't swear what swear word really drives you insane? - I do swear so my favorite thing to say, when I'm excited about something really cool, like a new James Bond movie or someone that did something really super hard and succeeded, is SH*T THE F*CK YEAH! But it's all one word so it's like Sh*tthef*ckyeah!
5. Recent/Current Lemmings (Beauty stuff you want to get)? - None. I'm hoping that your answers will inspire me!