I'm sure you are all waiting with baited breath about my opinion on the whole Disney acquisition of Lucas Film. et. al. I'm sure you really want to hear what I think about George Lucas' retirement and subsequent sale for 4 BILLION with a B dollars of the Star Wars Galaxy and all that lies within. Well here is what I think. (not that I REALLY think that you have been waiting to hear my opinion. In fact, I don't even want to hear my opinion, but I have to write about something, so here it goes.)
1) Disney claims that they will leave Star Wars alone like they have left Marvel & Pixar alone. I'm happy about that.
2) The acquisition by Disney means more Star Wars movies, TV shows, etc. It could mean a Star Wars Themed Amusement Park.
3) I'm concerned about the costume makers being that Disney is very protective of its intellectual property. A slew of Cease and Desist letters might be sent out by the Happiest Place On Earth's team of lawyers
4) I'm not sure what that means for Star Wars Celebration conventions. I'm hoping they keep having them, but I fear that the vendors for such conventions will be impacted by the copyright and trademark and whatever other legalese the Disney Lawyers can cook up.
5) I'm wondering how the members of the 501st will be affected by this recent acquisition.
6) I'm excited to see what they have in store for Episodes 7, 8 & 9. If anything, it can't be worse than Jar Jar Binks and Hayden Christensen's acting
7) I'm happy that we can now add Princess Leia to the ever growing list of Disney Princesses
8) I'm very excited that Star Wars will have a whole new generation of kids hooked on the franchise. It was disconcerting to see so many tweens and teens have no idea what Star Wars is at a recent costuming event. I blame poor parenting for this.
9) I'm looking forward to new characters added to the Star Wars Universe. Hopefully some of them will be of the Sith persuasion and I can dress up as them!
10) I have no control over this entire thing. What I think or how I feel will have no impact on this merger/acquisition/etc. I am not going to automatically become upset or celebrate because I just don't know how everything is going to work...but even if I did know, it still wouldn't make a difference. I still love Star Wars, Darth Vader and the Storm Troopers. What will happen, will happen. Let's hope there isn't some wretched Buzz Light Year/Darth Vader mash up animated flick any time soon.
May The Force Be With You.
On To The Poll!
1. Lip Of The Day? - Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain Le Brillant Jewel Lipstick Compact in Betsy #B62. A sweet cool toned pinky-mauve.
2. Last movie seen in a theater? Did you like it? - Argo and YES! It was excellent.
3. Most recent beauty acquisition? - Lancome Highlighter from the Holiday Collection. Review shortly!
4. Best movie to watch on a plane? - The Empire Strikes Back! Duh. Of Course The Fifth Element is also an excellent one to watch!
5. Would you rather spend $50 for ONE awesome beauty item or $10 for FIVE just so-so beauty items? - I would rather go for quality over quantity at this point in my life. I'll spend $50 on a holy grail item for sure.