Air Travel has to be the most degrading thing that people actually pay for. (OK not the most, but it is pretty bad) As some of you know, I recently flew to Montreal, Quebec. I had forgotten how absolutely wretched the TSA can be at times. I am determined to greet everyone I meet with a smile and a pleasantry. If that smile is returned all the better. But seriously. If you work in a Customer Service profession, TRY to exhibit some...you know...CUSTOMER SERVICE. My pleasant trip was only disturbed by one in-duh-vidual at the check in desk. Now mind you during my ENTIRE travel session I was met with only 1 person that was particularly nasty. Everyone else was nice, cordial, helpful, etc. I pretty much lucked out. But the one woman at the check in desk on my outbound trip.... Well. I think there is a special place in hell for people like this. Not only was she nasty to me, but she was nasty to the person in front of me. While I silently wished for another agent's counter to open up while I waited on line, the slump in my shoulders must have put her over the edge because by the time I got up to her counter, I could see hate in her eyes. Now the guy before me was going back to China after,what looked like, an extended stay in the USA. His luggage was over the weight limit, so he had to unpack some items and bring them in his carry on luggage. Apparently this really pissed off Miss Flight Check in Lady because she was rolling her eyes and huffing and puffing. I bet you $100 that guy did not have a luggage scale in his hotel room and therefore had NO IDEA that his luggage was over the weight limit. Why Miss Flight Check In couldn't understand that, is beyond me. Also I think the guy in front of me had a limited English vocabulary. So the lady was annoyed with that. I can't understand why she would be because after all she works for the airline's INTERNATIONAL check in. ::sigh:: When I got to the counter she was not a happy with the fact that the travel agency that booked my flight put it under my middle name hyphen last name and she was having fits trying to find my reservation....even thought I gave her a reservation number. She acted like I was the idiot when I suggested that my Middle Name hyphen Last Name was actually me because I have both of those names on my Passport, my driver's licence and, oh yeah, the reservation number matched. She gave me a lecture about Homeland Security and how I might not get to board the flight. I nodded and kept my mouth shut (That was hard). I thanked her for all the inforation and walked to my gate. Guess what? Not only did the TSA not care about the last name snafu, but the gate agent, customs in Canada and everyone else that looked at my boarding pass, didn't care either. Success. I think Miss Flight check In Lady was having a bad day. I hope it got better for her, or at least she got to go home and rest. As for me. I was happy to have such nice people for the rest of my trip to interact with. It almost makes me want to travel again!
On To The Poll!
1. Blush Of The Day? - Chanel Joues Contraste in Rose Ecrin. The post I did for this blush convinced Kelly from Gouldylocks to actually buy this blush. I'm quite proud I got a semi frugal makeup shopper to cave on some Chanel!
2. Last place you traveled to on an airplane? - Montreal, Quebec Canada. I really wish I had more time in the city to meet with some friends.
3. With all the holiday collections out and the release of the holiday gift sets, are you tempted to purchase something for yourself? - I would be if I was not swimming in makeup right now. I need to curtail my makeup shopping until after the new year!
4. If money was no object where would you travel to? - Japan and then Bora Bora...but mostly Japan. Oh how I would love to go there some day.
5. Waiting on anything (Beauty Related) in the mail? - Oh just a replacement for that Rouge Bunny Rouge blush I finished, the BECCA eye palette and maybe some Lise Watier cosmetics that I purchased.